• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What causes Artifacts ???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
checkerboard effect is your pipelines not working. 9500 users get this (fairly often) when they turn the 4 on to make 8, as some are damaged (thus turned off to make a 9500) and it looks like the pipeline cant keep up when the VPU is clocked to high on some other ATI cards

"checkerboard effect is your pipelines not working"

wrong

checkerboard effect can be due to your pipelines not working

right

It can result from overly overclocked memory and various other issues. When R300-based cards artifact, they exhibit minimal tearing, mostly "checkering."

cV said:
"checkerboard effect is your pipelines not working"

wrong

checkerboard effect can be due to your pipelines not working

right

It can result from overly overclocked memory and various other issues. When R300-based cards artifact, they exhibit minimal tearing, mostly "checkering."

Memory does not cause a checker board affect.
It causes white lines and other funny coloured lines....

checkerboard effect if your pipeline. True the VPU may be speed up and then you get a checkerboard effect, but that is due to the pipeline.

What other thing could possible cause a checker board effect other than the pipeline?

Hi guys,

Now I have a problem, Windows 7 runs stable on my second computer, but when I try to upgrade it to Windows 8 I get artifacts, So my question is, what causes this type of artefact?

Hey bud..this thread is 10 years old... best. Necro. Ever!

Being serious, id create a thread if your own in the appropriate section for best answers. :)

Back