• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What cpu cooler for a i5 2500k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

2fast4you98

I want a small quiet cpu cooler for my i5 2500k because i am going to get a 7850, 600 watt corsair psu and I will oc the i5 to 4.5~4.8 ghz.

I am going to start at 3.6 ghz until I need to then 4 ghz, then 4,5 or 4.8.

I will get $30 in mir from the 7850 and psu and I dont want to spend more than 75-80 dollars including the mirs... I am thinking of a H series corsair I will not stretch tothe h100 for $100 dollars 80 is my absolute max.

Thank you :bday:

Unless you've got a small case I'd suggest something like a Thermalright Venomous X or a Prolimatech Megahalems. You do have the option of water cooling, but water cooling is more complicated, and there are more things that can go wrong compared to simple air cooling.

Can you post a link to the best cpu cooler for 75 dollars and another for 80??? Thanks

The H60 will be a fine cooler since you are limited in space. 4.5Ghz on 2500k shouldnt be an issue.

Back