• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What CPU cooler is compatible with my system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xInhibition

I am looking for an air cooler for my cpu but I don't know what coolers would fit. I have a Core i7 2600K, and an ASUS P8P67 Deluxe Mobo with Corsair Vengeance 8GB RAM.

Most coolers will 'fit'. Depends how hardcore you want to OC it.

The Cooler Master Hyper 212+ is a good solid cheap cooler that performs well enough for a solid 4.5ghz OC on that CPU.

What's your budget? Do you want to OC it to the max or just to a reasonable level?

Most coolers will 'fit'. Depends how hardcore you want to OC it.

The Cooler Master Hyper 212+ is a good solid cheap cooler that performs well enough for a solid 4.5ghz OC on that CPU.

What's your budget? Do you want to OC it to the max or just to a reasonable level?

I was looking at the Noctua NH-D14.

Overkill for a 2600K in my honest opinion. Lot of money to waste on a chip that doesn't require that kind of cooling. But it's up to you as well. If you want it to be as cool and quiet as possible on air cooling, the Noctua will do that.

But What's your OC goal range?

Overkill for a 2600K in my honest opinion. Lot of money to waste on a chip that doesn't require that kind of cooling. But it's up to you as well. If you want it to be as cool and quiet as possible on air cooling, the Noctua will do that.

But What's your OC goal range?

4.5-5

Back