• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What cpu should i get??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stalionboy69

I recently Purchased a fx990 sabertooth and 16gbs of corsair 1600mhz ram. and i was going to get the fx 8 core but i was reading some bad things about it. So my questions is should I wait for the next gen piledriver to come out or for a fx 6100 or 6200. and if so..which one the 6200 or 6100. I do have a corsair water cooler so i want to overclock. thanks!

Which Corsair water cooler do you have? If you have less than the H100 don't get the fx 8 core.

the h50. i just dont want any bottle necking and the best overclocking performance i can.

Phenom II 965 BE's are $90 a pop shipped right now, brand new in OEM form to hold you over until Piledriver.
A month ago I bought a week 1212 955 BE and it did 4.3 GHz stable on a Corsair H70. Really low leakage chip, 1.6v vcore and 1.35v CPUNB and still under 60c load.

I can hold out with what i have until piledriver. I geuss my question is is piledriver that much better then anything on the market.

I can hold out with what i have until piledriver. I geuss my question is is piledriver that much better then anything on the market.

No one knows yet. It isn't out. A bird in the hand may still be worth two in the bush.

Back