• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what degree would i need for building computers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Want to bunk that theory quick like? Look up the reliability on Mercedes(sucks) and Lexus(great!). Both are expensive. Certainly the more things that go on a vehicle the higher chance it is to break, but to state as TOCNoob did (blanket statements) that more expensive things have less reliability is just plain wrong. Like cheap things, and middle of the road things, it depends.

Inexpensive doesn't always equal crap just as expensive doesn't equal awesome.

Super expensive cars have power everything. Cheap cars don't. Super expensive cars have higher compression ratios, more complex engines, more complex electrical. Sensors in the brakes. Etc etc. More things that can go wrong, in other words.
A cheap(er), reliable car like a Toyota Camry has enough power for the average driver and will get you from A to B in comfort. If anything, I'd get a realiable economical car with a leather interior and upgraded stereo but that's as far as I'd go.

I was going to reply, but see wagex's and EarthDog's replies. They said it all while I was busy.

this.. exactly this..
you can prefer one but that doesnt make it more reliable. toyota could have cheaper weaker parts you dont know.

Want to bunk that theory quick like? Look up the reliability on Mercedes(sucks) and Lexus(great!). Both are expensive. Certainly the more things that go on a vehicle the higher chance it is to break, but to state as TOCNoob did (blanket statements) that more expensive things have less reliability is just plain wrong. Like cheap things, and middle of the road things, it depends.

Hey, I thought you had me on block? Are we cool?

I can see when people quote those that are blocked, or I have the option to view it.

I still love you TOCN, just in small doses... its like shots... too many and I will get drunk. So one at time so I don't get hammered. :p :rofl: :grouphug:

One thing that I am considering getting, to help me in my computer building endeavors, I thought of when I was working on my car. I realized that hunching over to build a computer, leaves me at times with a sore neck and back like when I work on my car, then I found a solution to both problems. An overhead creeper http://www.amazon.com/Champ-4020-Overhead-Creeper/dp/B00NB652IU . I'll get one of these babies and just hover over the computer while I put it together...it will be glorious. Probably more beneficial than any one certification or degree as well

I don't feel like mo' money mo' problems holds true for everyone. My grandfather was making over $120K per year for the last 10-15 years that he worked and he had very few problems. He was a very nice person and was very charitable and kind and always payed forward any kindness done to him.

I agree, definitely not everyone. We do live in a world today that is all about what we have not what we know.

One thing that I am considering getting, to help me in my computer building endeavors, I thought of when I was working on my car. I realized that hunching over to build a computer, leaves me at times with a sore neck and back like when I work on my car, then I found a solution to both problems. An overhead creeper http://www.amazon.com/Champ-4020-Overhead-Creeper/dp/B00NB652IU . I'll get one of these babies and just hover over the computer while I put it together...it will be glorious. Probably more beneficial than any one certification or degree as well

For working on computers, I have a "bar" counter in my kitchen which is pretty high up, so I just build on it and I stand at the counter. No sore back or neck. It's at hand level with no hunching or slouching.

Those are a must with lifted vehicles! I have 2 actually haha. Sitting in the engine bay isnt that comfortable lol.

Back