• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what do you do when teflon tape won't cut it?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
veryhumid said:
Haha will do. the funny thing is all of a sudden near death since I reinstalled it in the case. It only does about 3MB/s burst and hangs all over the place. I have a troubleshooting thread in the storage section, but it's no big deal. Already have windows going on another drive I had ;)

I'll try to get a pic up tonight.

Hey it is almost tomorrow where is the pic?

veryhumid said:
sorry, pics of silicone job keep coming out fuzzy.

Did you see the pics I posted here?

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=452573

other than that there is not a lot to see. the silicone RTV is just a 1/16" or so light blue little bulge around one of the barbs. when I try to take close ups it comes out all fuzzy :(

That is exactly what you want you obviously used just enough.

I wish I could measure it, I don't have an actual ruler. It's just slightly thicker than a credit card at the thinner parts, I figured that was a little over a mm.

Think that is enough, EC? I figure if any came out at all, that means everything behind it is sealed?

Thank you so much for all your advice, everyone

Last edited:
I'm not a huge fan of barbs, OR teflon tape. Tape is often wayyyy overused, or used on the wrong type of fittings. My favorite type of fittings to prevent leaks are compression fittings. You have to install them correctly but once they're in they air-tight. Flange fittings are also great, but they're kind of a pain to install. Here's a guide on how to install compression fittings correctly, just in case.

I'm not a huge fan of barbs, OR teflon tape. Tape is often wayyyy overused, or used on the wrong type of fittings. My favorite type of fittings to prevent leaks are compression fittings. You have to install them correctly but once they're in they air-tight. Flange fittings are also great, but they're kind of a pain to install. Here's a guide on how to install compression fittings correctly, just in case.

Back