• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you guys think of this? Spots on tubes

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bignazpwns

New loop.

Primochill advanced lrt

Coolent is premix EK solid cloud white.

Loop was ran with the Sysprep for 25 hours. After that it was drained and ran with distilled water for 20 min. The it had a gallon of distilled water. Drained again then flushed with a new bottle of EK cloud white before being filled.

Anyone know what's going on?

Upside tomorrow I get to drain my loop yet again. Yay me. I love draining the loop. I'm just happy I threw this together and didn't spend time mounting the res and pump in the case.

Observation. It looks the line and dots are lined up straight. The dots look pretty evenly spaced so looks like it could be a manufacturing defect.

I miss the cheap tubing from home depot. Dosent get spots. It's cheap. Works great. Yes it's like trying to bend a beaded steel cable. But it works.

20190810_004957.jpg 20190810_005018.jpg

Most likely it's a tube reaction to the fluid, or you still had some "junk" in the components. You should drain, flush and ran distilled water for a short period and see what happens, if the same tube is clear then its a reaction, if not, disassemble and clean the components the best you can.

Wow primochill stuff really is total trash. This is a fresh unused section. This crap is absolutely horrible. It's like this out of the box 20190810_103315.jpg

Well this crap has to go back. So I'll be doing my first amazon return. And now I have to drive 2 hours to microcenter because primochill can't make a quality product. I can't even get enough useful tube out of 10 foot for a CPU only loop. It's in the same spot every foot.

Last edited:
Brand new box at microcenter.its the box leaching dye into the tubing. It will be a problem with all of it. Some of the tubes are covered in plastic but others are not.

IMG_20190810_125013.jpg

Yuck. My LRT in white from PPCS was perfect, and it was wrapped but iirc not in a box (appeared to be cut from bulk). Since it's on the outside, can it be cleaned off? My tubing smudges really easily from the fittings (bitspower matte black) but it will wipe off with water and a little elbow grease.

Glad to see it's just from the packaging. This is literally the first complaint I've seen about the Advanced LRT. It really is a great product. I'm wondering if the outside of the hose can be cleaned.

I wonder if it wasnt a return that someone pulled the plastic film from?

I wonder if it wasnt a return that someone pulled the plastic film from?

Nope even new sealed boxs at microcenter had it. That white tubeing was new sealed and the guy working opened it and was shocked.

But no it's dyed can't be cleaned. All the smaller tubing was sealed inside the box. Only 1 1/2x3/4 inch box had it sealed in the box.

Have you tried cleaning it with alcohol or hand degreaser?

Another thought, use sandpaper and texturize the outside of the entire thing. If its only on the outside layer you can sand it off and so long as you texture the entire thing, it might look cool.

Have you tried cleaning it with alcohol or hand degreaser?

Another thought, use sandpaper and texturize the outside of the entire thing. If its only on the outside layer you can sand it off and so long as you texture the entire thing, it might look cool.

Yeah nothing could take it off. I really wanted to stay clear but i use EK solid white so white tubing is still ok.

I managed to find one box out of 12 that was white and the only 1/2 X 3/4 tube that was sealed inside the box.

No only thing that will remove it is sanding it off. What will wreck the finish of the tube. You should not have to fix a defect on a new product.

I agree, no doubt, just trying to make the best of a bummer situation.

I was hopeful that sanding it might make it look cool.

I agree, no doubt, just trying to make the best of a bummer situation.

I was hopeful that sanding it might make it look cool.

Nah you can sand the clear tubing and polish it back up. White looks fine. Primfail ignored my emails when i asked them to explain it lol. I'll never use another one of there products since they dont seem to this this is an issue and is how some $30 tubing should be when in reality its much cheaper off a bulk roll and they are just a reseller.

Back