• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think about this offer?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

muhon_zen

Hi guys, it's been a while since I posted. I just found out that a local shop in my country is selling complete computers, really cheap, so I figured maybe I'll just buy a new one (my budget is low atm). Tell me what do you think about this:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7300 2.26GHz
Mainboard: PCCHIPS P55G
RAM: 2GB Kingston DDR2-800
HDD: Samsung 250GB (7200RPM)
Reader: DVD-RW with LightScribe, LG.
Case: Common case with a 400W PSU.

Price: US$ 364.00

What do you think? I know PCCHips is not that great, but I do find some interesting stuff in the pack.
1) The CPU is 45nm, 3MB Cache and I read it is pretty decent (Low End 45nm I think).
2) The Mobo is not that great, but it does come with 512MB nVidia GeForce 7050, which would help me a lot till I get cash to buy a decent 8800 or 8600. PCI-E port does the trick.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Should I go for it or is it not that much of a deal? Thanks!

I personally think thats a bit much.

You could piece together a better system for cheaper.

Hell, look on ebay and you could get a better system for about $100+ less.

2GB of ram = $10
Common Case w/ 400W PSU = $75ish
250GB HD = $40
Intel Dual Core w/ Mobo = $150
DVD-RW w/ LightScribe = <$100

My Math tells me: $375. Granted, its $11 more. But its also brand new, and better.

However, with the video card, etc. it might be worth it. But if you were going to go all sometime, you couldnt build it up over time, as you would be quite limited in the case selection.

Make sure the case holds a full atx board.

Your price calculations are a bit off :p

Its more like

RAM: $20
Case: $75 at most
HDD: $40
E7200: $119
PC Chips MB: $40ish
DVD-RW w/ Litescribe: $35

Thats about $330, so you aren't saving much over buying it at the store

I would ask about his warranty on parts and labor. Doesn't seam that bad of a price but I always put them together my self. Just make sure that 400W PSU will be good for you to run a 8800 or 8600 ask him and get it in writing.

Thanks for replying so fast guys. I actually have a CoolerMaster 500W PSU that I'm sure will hold the 8800. The problem with ebay is that I live in Peru and shipping costs will tear off the budget. The case is a Mid Tower ATX form factor, which I plan to mod eventually. It's just that I have a AMD Sempron 3000+ Socket A, so you can imagine my desperate requirement for more processing power (at least for multitasking, I have no hyperthreading or double core). So the price seems a bit fair, doesn't it?

The store offers 1 year of warranty, after that parts have different time of warranty with their manufacutrers (I think the CPU has 2 years and so) which seems fair to me. Unless you guys know a better configuration that I could get with a 300-350 $ budget. Thanks!

If that price includes Windows go for it. For what you are looking to spend in the location you are in you probably are not going to find much better.

Back