• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think of my gaming rig?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shinobi13

I`m a ninja, you don`t know where I am at!
Would appreciate if you could take a look at what I got listed here and let me know if you like or dislike any of the parts or if you think that I will have any compatability issues. Not an ATI fan so no need to comment on that one. This computer will be used for gamin` of course and will be overclocked (moderately) in due time. It will be watercooled by a zalman reserator one with VGA cooling (I know not the best but it works well). I gave my old rig to my parents. So time for me to build a new one!:santa:

Thermaltake Tsunami Case
ASUS P5W DH DELUXE/WIFI-AP Socket T (LGA 775) Intel 975X ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail 259.99 -$30.00 Instant

eVGA 512-P2-N573-AR GeForce 7900GTO 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail $259.99

COOLER MASTER RS-550-ACLY ATX12V/ EPS12V 550W Power Supply - Retail $117.99

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6600 - Retail $312.99

CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN2X2048-6400 - Retail - $280.00

MITSUMI Black 1.44MB 3.5" Internal USB 2.0 digital card reader with Floppy Drive - OEM - $18.99

Segate Perp 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM - $99.99

LITE-ON Black 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 8X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 24X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM 2M Cache ATAPI/E-IDE 16X DVD Burner - Retail -$29.99

Sound Blaster X-FI

Arctic Silver Ceramique Thermal Compound - OEM - $4.99

Well that is it, please tell me what ya think. total is $1549 before rebates and discounts.:beer:

Last edited:
Shinobi13 said:
lol..don`t even know why I didn`t think about the perp recording thing. Thanks. What do you think about the MB and PSU?
lol

ahh motherboard is sweet looking i think its fine alot of ppl have it good reviews on newegg as well

and for psu im not to sure

i would pm Oklahoma Wolf hes the psu guy for advice on here see what he says about psu =] - dont know why this is in blue

Shinobi13 said:
Too much, I am trying to keep it at or below 1500. I have always used corsair or mushkin and I have not really read up on G. Skill yet. Now if it was on sale or a fat rebate....

lol :) anyway yea system u have listed sure is nice now only if i can go conroe lol =]

Got a problem, went to hit the ol` submit button last night and newegg is out of the 7900GTO.:bang head

SO I searched MWAVE and they have it but won`t ship to a PO BOX. I am stationed overseas and what a bummer that is. So I was wonderinng...do I wait for the 7900GTO to get back in stock or do I buy this?
eVGA 512-P2-N637-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 KO Superclocked Video Card - Retail - 289.00:drool:

Whadda ya think?

I doubt the GTO will be back in stock at the egg. It was a limited edition card. Once they are out of their stock of old defective gtx's (which is what the GTO is) then they're gone for good.

I chatted with them today and they said that they "should" get more of them. Wondering if they are giving me false hope or if they really are going to get more of them:confused:
I think I might wait a day or two, if no more GTO cards then the 7950 it is.

I would probably spend few more bucks and get a better Power Supply. I seen people posting about their PC freezing and it turned out to be their Power Supply.

Back