• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What do you think of this setup...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Suma said:

If it IS open I would be suspect of actual perfromance as it would be missing features of commonly held ideas of cooling effiency.
i.e. no directed water flow at center core of block, minimal surface contact area, no forced water path near center

Oh yes... the new retention clips... i forgot about that sorry. Dont get me wrong.. Swfity is an awesome block (I like). I was wondering if it had channels or pins or what.... if its just an opened chamber ehhhh (??????)

Well this is the first block of this store, it's really cheap like 30$ or less.

I thought you guys aren't gonna like it :p
anyway, I think I'll take the RBX with the Z-Chip (unless there's a better one for 1/2" ID) and the Maze4 GPU block.

Suma.

Purty looking core, but I'll bet it ain't cheap. Caprice core (Fedco 2-199) is a brute, and only $19 USD at PartsAmerica.com. Might consider a single-pass core of similar size. Not sure about prices on those though. There's no reason at all to have such wildly different prices on cores, but it happens anyway.

Maybe I can take of the Nb block and go with passive cooling?
I'm using a Zalman NB32J passive now and my airflow is bad.
looks pretty stable, and cool.

I might save some $ and go passive.

Wha tdo you think?

I would recommend going with passive since you won't get far with WCing your NB anyways. If you have a heatsink on it (it would be a good idea to have a fan blow right over it) then you certainly won't need a WB for your NB. Besides, now more flow is available to you.

Suma said:
Maybe I can take of the Nb block and go with passive cooling?
I'm using a Zalman NB32J passive now and my airflow is bad.
looks pretty stable, and cool.

I might save some $ and go passive.

Wha tdo you think?

Depends on what board. Some NB's get toasty, especially when oc'd. Also whether you are trying to go silent...

8rda+.
the n/b is on stock voltage ATM, no need for more.
and YES I am intersted in silent!!!

ILikeMy240sx said:
I would recommend going with passive since you won't get far with WCing your NB anyways. If you have a heatsink on it (it would be a good idea to have a fan blow right over it) then you certainly won't need a WB for your NB. Besides, now more flow is available to you.

Well I do have a 40mm TT fan that I recently mounted on the sink, well to tell you the truth I think there's no need, the NB is only a bit warm (probably cause of no case vent ATM!) it's pretty nicely cooled.

so that saves me 40$ (Wow I'm cheap, well I ain't no milioner...)
anyway RBX and Maze4 GPU seems nice to all of you guys?

both are nice blocks, tho I don't care for the aluminum on the Maze4. The Silverprop with it's brass top is interesting it if ever get's released.

Thanks alot.
Got 2 barbs for my L30 Clone, I might consider getting the 1500l/h Hydor clone it looks shabby and it's cheap (30$~)
anyhow I'll get the RBX and the Maze4 GPU.

Thanks a milion guys, special thank for ILikeMy240sx.
Suma.

I ASSumed that he meant a pump that isn't really a Hydor but has the same specs and looks the same. The only problem that I see with that is, I would question the reliability of the pump compared to L30 but I might be completely wrong.

Suma said:
Thanks alot.
Got 2 barbs for my L30 Clone, I might consider getting the 1500l/h Hydor clone it looks shabby and it's cheap (30$~)
anyhow I'll get the RBX and the Maze4 GPU.

Thanks a milion guys, special thank for ILikeMy240sx.
Suma.

glad to be helpful. BTW, do you have a link or a picture of the Hydor clone you are getting. I am kindda curious.

RBX could perform nice, but talking about chipset block I meant more proper construction, like this one:
blok_gpu.jpg

internal construction is similiar to:
blok_lev1.jpg

but just 11 channels, all at price of about $22 (mounting to do at home or buy for some additional $)

My clone? there you go:
DSCN2297.JPG

Didn't have the blue part so I sealed it using goop, works well.
you your'e intersted it's called Heto.

Suma.

Back