• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What you think of this setup

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
By anticondesnation padding Im referring to what the article says:

"protect your components with a moisture absorbing material such as neoprene pads"

That's not a good idea. What happens when what's absorbing moisture is saturated? It'll drip, you don't want that in a computer.

That's not a good idea. What happens when what's absorbing moisture is saturated? It'll drip, you don't want that in a computer.

yes but just for that minimal condensation that you must deal with.

i am going to avoid all condensation but like to add some absorbing stuff to be sure...

You've just decided you're going to avoid the condensation? You're gonna up and break the laws of physics and just stay clear of any condensation...do you understand what causes condensation?

Data1, you seem to not understand.

I'll back off and let you do your thing. Hopefully you won't be buying parts and coming back in a few weeks asking for help after ruining a few $300 in parts. And asking, "Whats wrong"?

Your way over your knowledge level. I wish and pray it works for you.

From the article:
"You can avoid beading one of two ways: either protect your components with a moisture absorbing material such as neoprene pads, or set the coolant temperature to be above the dew point (the temperature at which condensation starts to form) of the room. You can calculate the dew point in your room using this calculator. Fortunately, the HC-500A allows you to control the coolant temperature in 1°C steps, via the small screen and the three buttons on the front panel. "

If you are going to do that it will not have any advantages over traditional water cooling...then you have to ask, why bother?

Also, you will have to change the settings nearly every day. Waking up and saying, oops I forgot, leaves you with a puff of smoke and fried components.

As Conundrum stated, though, it's your stuff, do what you want. :shrug:

It can cool the water 12 C below room temperature without any condensation.
then to add paddings to that to be sure.

Padding. Will. Do. Nothing. Once padding is wet on the outside you might as well just have water on the outside of your tubing. you need INSULATION. Something to prevent condensation from FORMING, not something to deal with it when it does form.

Padding. Will. Do. Nothing. Once padding is wet on the outside you might as well just have water on the outside of your tubing. you need INSULATION. Something to prevent condensation from FORMING, not something to deal with it when it does form.

Yes I understand that. Alright can you give me some directions on insulation? Sounds like a bigger project?

You will need to insulate in a way similar to if you were to cool your computer with DICE. There is plenty of documentation on this in the extreme cooling section. You will also need to insulate your tubing, I've never worked with that so I can offer you no assistance in that regard.

You will need to insulate in a way similar to if you were to cool your computer with DICE. There is plenty of documentation on this in the extreme cooling section. You will also need to insulate your tubing, I've never worked with that so I can offer you no assistance in that regard.

Ok neopads mentioned earlier are one way for insulation but going to research this.

That depends entirely on the amount of humidity of any given day.

Correct

Ok neopads mentioned earlier are one way for insulation but going to research this.

You keep saying they absorb the water. You don't want absorption, if there's water to absorb, something has already gone wrong.

You keep saying they absorb the water. You don't want absorption, if there's water to absorb, something has already gone wrong.

Yes the article said that so it got kinda confusing but this article i recently found clearly uses neopads for insulation

Back