• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What does this mean?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JKooL

Registered
The last WU I crunched has 18 Gaussians, with the best being 4.831. There was an asterisk next to the "Best Gaussian", so it looked like "4.831*". I've never seen this, and none of my other WU's have asterisks by them.

What does this mean?

-Joe

I suppos that you are looking into the SETISpy log.....

When SETISpy put an asterix right next to a gaussian power, this means that this WU has an intersting gaussian. If you open the SETISpy Skymap, you can locate this particular WU as it will have a green dor insted of the normal red dot.

An intersting gaussian is a ppossible canditate to further investigation, as it could be an ET saying "Hello" :D

Well, let me congratulate me on your Green Dot!!! Those things are insanely rare (In the 1650 WUs I've done, I've only done three...)! So, allow me to give you this piece of digital beverage! :beer: :beer:

JigPu

Back