• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What fan will fit SLK-900u on Abit IS7 mobo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
squale said:
It says it will bring my cpu temp down to 0.24C.. very nice. But I also see other kits by Swiftech, Asetech, and Innovatech... there are probably others as well..

What is the best choice for me? Should I buy a kit? That's probably the best thing to do right?

How is the maintence upkeep on water cooling compared to aircooling?

And can I keep my pc running 24/7 with water cooling? I am afraid if the water pump broke I would melt my chip and mobo

Please help..

Well, no watercooling system will get you below room temperature, unless you use bong cooling, which requires a lot of maintainance and could spill, and that won't get more than a few degrees cooler unless you are in a very dry area.
0.24 C/W tells you how well it cools. For every watt your processor puts out, the temperature of it will be .24C more above room temperature.
Tprocessor=Troom+0.24 X processor wattage.
For example, a processor putting out 80W of heat, (typical for an overclocked processor,) in a room at 22C, will be at 41C with a 0.24 C/W system.
41C=22C + .24 X 80W
Check this link for heatsink and watercooling results. Use the CPU DIE SIMULATOR results, because Intel says P4's use more watts than they really do, and AMD is only mediocrely accurate.

I don't know as I can say I reccomend that thermaltake system. That quoted 0.24 C/W turns out to be more like 0.36 C/W in testing... a bad thing. A temperature like 47C is unacceptable. http://www.overclockers.com/articles731/

Note that the SLK-900 beats that watercooling system. But also note that it uses a super loud fan in the review. With that water setup, the fan is WAY quieter. And according to the above equation, the temperature would only be 39.6C...

You'll really do better if you put it together yourself. But there are some kits:

this would be OK. I really can't seem to find any other good kits on the market, at least none under $200.

Head over to the Watercooling section and get some info. Jfettig, Rogerdugans, Bender, and a few others are real geniuses in this area. Some of the stuff Bender does borders on insane, but he can definately help you with a first water setup... he gave me some advice on my first. Some of the questions there are overasked, though, so PM'ing them might yeild better results.

Trust me, it's not as difficult as it looks.

Last edited:
check out teh Enermax 92mm Adjustable, 64cfm at max speed and only 34db.

Ultimately the BEST fan is the one that meets your requirements:- if deafness is a requirement try a tornado ;)

Back