• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is "AMD Overclockiing" in bios?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

trents

In the CPU core voltage section of my bios' Overclocking tab there are four options:

Auto
Override Mode
Offset Mode
AMD Overclocking

Motherboard is the one in my Sig.

What is "AMD Overclocking" about?

From what I understand, they are settings that won't change if you clear CMOS. I can't remember where I saw it for sure but I think it was Buildzoid... Not quite sure why anyone would want to use those settings but...

In researching this, the only reasonable answer I have found is that "AMD Overclocking" is used as a plugin by RyzenMaster. But that was just one opinion on a forum.

AMD Overclocking as a separate tab with an agreement that you have to accept before entering, are options given by AMD. You can find there more advanced settings and override options that are not always available in the motherboard's manufacturer options. Some of these settings are automatically adjusted by the motherboard, some can't be set in anywhere else like you can force IF ratio or set manual P states.

If you mean only an option in power settings then it's more like manufacturer's specific option which is related to as you mentioned Ryzen Master.

In my testing, the "amd overclocking" option is the same as "override mode" except that "amd overclocking" will lower the Vcore when the cpu is idle, while "override mode" would keep the same Vcore you set in the bios no matter what. So even in idle it would still be the same Vcore you set in bios. For example 1.25 Vcore AMD overclocking, while gaming Vcore is -+ 1.25v but when in idle Vcore is 0.2v - 1.25v. Hopefully I explained it well ;).

I think I understand what you are trying to say. Thank for your input.

Back