• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is it worth?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

subverb

I have this laptop that I am using now and just ordered a new Sony SR so I was curious as to what I could get for my current laptop.

Specs:
* Processor: Intel Core Duo T2080 (1.73GHz)
* RAM: 2GB PC2-4200 DDR2 RAM
* Hard Drive: 120GB Hitachi SATA
* Screen: 15.4” Tru-Brite WXGA (1280x800)
* Optical Drive: DVD±RW/DVD-RAM Drive
* Graphics: Intel GMA950 Graphics
* Slots: Type II PCMCIA (left), 5-in-1 Card Reader (front)
* Ports: 4 USB 2.0 (two right, one left, one back), 1 4-pin Firewire (left), 1 VGA output (left), 1 S-Video output (left), 1 Headphone jack (front), 1 Microphone jack (front), 1 RJ-11 phone jack (back), 1 Power jack (back), 1 RJ-45 LAN jack (back)
* Wireless: Atheros 802.11g

I upgraded to 2GB of RAM the maximum amount allowed and would ship it as a blank canvas using the recovery discs to bring it back to factory. I would also include a copy of the Office 2007 Enterprise installation files for the next user to install if they wish to and a legitimate CD Key for install/updates. I can't remember off the top of my head when it was purchased exactly, my guess is around 16 months ago. It does come with a receipt of purchase from Best Buy and is covered by their 3 year warranty that I am 99.9% sure includes accidental damage.

It's not for sale yet as I have to get my new one and also erase everything from this one before - hence not posting in the Classifieds. I'm merely trying to get an estimated value so when I sell it I can list a fair price. Thanks in advance.

Just a very crude estimate, but from the recent laptop sales (some of which had very similar specs to yours), I'd say $600/$700 maybe?

Ebay will probably get you more than than craigslist.

Back