• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is performance difference between BIX and HC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Nick Burns

Your company's computer guy
I realize that the HC is a better rad, but the BIX is suppose to be easier to mount. If I had that, then I wouldn't need to mod my case at all. That is a very attractive aspect. The system will be
mcw-600 pump
TC-4
NB Z-chip
Mze4 GPU
1/2" clearflex
Bayres
torin blower on rad.
I would mount it on the back 120mm fan grill on my Sonata. I would cut a circular hole on the side of the case with a small (too tired to think) one of those tubes to connect the fan directly to the outside air.

My other components will be
DFI Ultra Infinity
2500+m
9800pro 128mb with ramsinks
430W Antec
dual 36GB raptors
2X 512MB PC3500 HyperX

If anyone has used both in the past, let me hear your thoughts, PLEASE! I already have the heatercore, but if it isn't too big of drop in performance, I will end up with the BIX and sell the HC.

Heatercores usually perform better than BIX's because of larger surface area, less restriction, etc. The BIX isn't a bad radiator though. A lot depends on the rest of the system setup.

I wouldn't run a CPU, GPU, and NB all on a single BIX, but if you're just running your CPU it should be able to handle the heat load just fine. You can only get so close to ambient anyway. Try it out and see how it goes.

Back