• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the best size for Widescreen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Canadien

Registered
not considering money or budget what would be the best LCD widescreen monitor for gaming ahnd computing, considering I sit three feet away on my recliner what is too big? and what is too small?

I know price for 19" coming down like crazy, but if you had choice without budget what size is the best for computing?

sitting hours on computer I constantly have to lean forward to read many articles, would bigger size solve this problem?

Plan for me is to keep this new monitor for next five years, and I know waiting few months could land me the highest possible size i'd want, but what size should I target?

What is your budget?

What kind of video card are you going to use? Larger monitors run at higher resolutions, and need faster GPUs to obtain acceptable frame rates.

My budget runs below $450

JCLW said:
What is your budget?

What kind of video card are you going to use? Larger monitors run at higher resolutions, and need faster GPUs to obtain acceptable frame rates.

and I got the latest graphic card, no actually i'm just buying new one so video card won't be any trouble..

Canadien said:
and I got the latest graphic card, no actually i'm just buying new one so video card won't be any trouble..

Whats your system spec's, and you might want to place them in your sig as well. Budget is a very BIG factor for lcd's.

well the best is the 3007 (from what i know) and the lcd everyone would have if they had the dual x1900's and all that good stuff (and infinite warchest of funds)

Well I don't have a widescreen. I got a 19" LCD that I like because it's taller then a 20.1" widescreen. But my friend has a 20.1" ws Dell and he loves it.

I have 2x Dell 20.1" WS LCDs. They are pretty nice, considering price. I would say that the lowest you would want to go is the 20" WS LCDs with a Resolution of 1680 x 1050. Better yet would be a 24". They are the same height as the 19" and run a resolution of 1920 x 1200. If you want to go all out, get the 30" WS LCD. You will need a Top End video card to run it though.

I have a 2005FPW as well and I like it. The only minor gripe I have about this screen is that I wish it were a little taller. If I had to do it again and I had the money I would buy a 24". The only problem is as you increase resolution you are going to need a pretty beefy video card, which means a pretty beefy PSU...and if you don't want to bottleneck the video card you may want/need a new CPU. If you don't game, then that stuff doesn't apply to you. If you do game you could always run a non-native resolution to ease the load on the video card, but most people don't like to run non-native resolutions on LCD's.

Last edited:
Back