• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is the difference between these 2 Graphic Cards?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Nothing major between the two besides:
Brand - so for company loyalty, warranty length/support
Cooler is different
The output ports are different on the back.

edit: should have paid a closer attention when looking from my phone, didn't notice the DDR3 vs DDR5 difference. Get the DDR5.

Last edited:
PYthon: The real question is what are you going to use it for? I had a look on Newegg myself and maybe this card would be better as it's cheaper than your's. Check it out yourself and see what you think.http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...yMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo.
As you can see it has a 88% rating from customers that use it and it's got a slightly bigger memory as well.

But if do not tell us we can only guess?

Regards ajay57.

Last edited:
GDDR5 is far faster than DDR3. Get the Asus.
Plus Sapphire warranty support costs you money and is lousy anyway.

The cards are for upgrading my current PC so that i can play GW2 at decent graphics.

These are the specs of my current PC.

Operaring system: Windows 7 64-bit

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 220 ; 2.8 GHz

Memory: 6 GB

Video Graphics: Intergrated Graphics using ATI Radeon 4200

Hard Drive: 750 GB

Computer Case: Height: 38.7 cm (15.23 inches), Width: 17.5 cm (6.89 inches), Length: 41.4 cm (16.29 inches)

Power Supply: 400W power supply (i replaced the 250W PSU that came with it)

More Product specifications: HP Pavilion p6604f

Will the card that Ajay posted be able to fit? And also my RAM is DDR3 so will i have to replace my RAM if i get the ASUS card or something? I am not really sure of what DDR5 and DDR3 does.

Thanks

The GPU uses separate RAM from the CPU. Most GPUs use DDR5 and it's built into the video card. CPUs still use DDR3.

Well if it's games you wish to play maybe the later card as posted by me would be you answer. Your original question was what is the difference between these two cards? Knufire answer about DDR5 is 100% correct and is the faster and better memory on any card that we use.

P.S. I say in a nice way just take time and read the comments from the people on Newegg using that card, but it's you that has to decide what you want?

Last edited:
Well if it's games you wish to play maybe the later card as posted by me would be you answer. Your original question was what is the difference between these two cards? Knufire answer about DDR5 is 100% correct and is the faster and better memory on any card that we use.

P.S. I say in a nice way just take time and read the comments from the people on Newegg using that card, but it's you that has to decide what you want?

These are my PC specs.

Operaring system: Windows 7 64-bit

Processor: AMD Athlon II X2 220 ; 2.8 GHz

Memory: 6 GB

Video Graphics: Intergrated Graphics using ATI Radeon 4200

Hard Drive: 750 GB

Computer Case: Height: 38.7 cm (15.23 inches), Width: 17.5 cm (6.89 inches), Length: 41.4 cm (16.29 inches)

Power Supply: 400W power supply (replaced the one it came with)

More Product specifications: HP Pavilion p6604f

Now will the card you showed me actually be able to fit? I'm not very sure.

Also...why does the ASUS Radeon HD 6670 cost more than the Radeon HD 6750 that you showed me?

The answer is yes as far as i can see about the case as for the difference in money, do not really know. To be 100% sure open up your case and measure the length of the first PCIE slot then try to find the length of the card you want to buy. According to the web sites i have been looking at for you it looks about right, but always double check?http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...c=en&product=5030475&tmp_track_link=ot_search

Ajay57.

Last edited:
Alright thanks for all the help everyone. I will definitely go with the 6750.

Oh and the inside of my computer is probably really dusty...what is the best way to go about cleaning it?

Thanks

Python, A soft paint brush and a vacuum cleaner with a hose and be very careful, also before you touch the card or the motherboard. Ground your self on a lump of metal to discharge any STATIC electric charge that could damage the PC or the card.

Best regards and good luck.

Ajay57.

Oh alright thanks man. Wait...am i suppose to be on a metal plate or should the PC be on the metal?

No you can put the PC on the kitchen table or any bench you just stand as normal on the floor and just touch a metal object with both hands to discharge any static electricity before you work on or open the bag with the new card in it. It is as simple as that Python static can damage PC components it's just a precaution nothing to worry about OK.

regards Ajay57.

Alright nice. Thanks again for all the help man. I will finally be able to play Guild Wars 2 soon.

Cheers xD

RIGHT Python: When you have completed installing your new card you will need the latest drivers so your card works really to it's max. So to help you just click on the link ive set up to download the latest drivers for the HD 6750 if that's the card you have? http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx Just go to the first button and click on download, the file size is 145.5Mb,the release date is 8/15/2012 that will give you all the drivers you need. After you have done that then open the driver package and run the program to install. After you Finnish installing the drivers, just restart your PC and then you will be done. After that just enjoy playing your games, any problems just come back too the Forum for help.

P.S. The drivers i have selected are only for the HD 6750 in Win 7 64 bit.

Enjoy your games Ajay57.

Last edited:
unplug your computer and remove the power cord, too. just touching the metal case of the computer will discharge any static you may have (yes, it really is the truth). And as far as the pricing on 2 identical cards...ASUS is a brand name, Radeon is ,like , generic in a sense All the AMD cards are Radeons... Like the difference in buying generic toilet paper and Charmin. essentially the same but they still wipe your *** the same.

It won't discharge it. But it will equalize it, which is almost as good.

technically true. unless you touch something that actually goes to ground (water pipe or such) it isn't a complete "discharge." It will make it safe to work with your equipment, however.

RIGHT Python: When you have completed installing your new card you will need the latest drivers so your card works really to it's max. So to help you just click on the link ive set up to download the latest drivers for the HD 6750 if that's the card you have? http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx Just go to the first button and click on download, the file size is 145.5Mb,the release date is 8/15/2012 that will give you all the drivers you need. After you have done that then open the driver package and run the program to install. After you Finnish installing the drivers, just restart your PC and then you will be done. After that just enjoy playing your games, any problems just come back too the Forum for help.

P.S. The drivers i have selected are only for the HD 6750 in Win 7 64 bit.

Enjoy your games Ajay57.

xD Thanks. Oh and should i uninstall the old graphics drivers before i install this one?

Back