• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

what is the volt mode and how do you do it ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Onision

what is the volt mode and how do you do it ?

:-/

really guys i see people making xtrem cooling for graphic card and
saying it's volt mode

is it playing with the card electricity ????:shrug:

thanks in front

It is a volt mod and it means hard wiring the electronics to increase voltage. Here is the one I had done for my 8800 GTS:

2384a6cf.jpg

It voids the warranty, can kill the card easily and is overkill for 99% of the users out there.

thanks dude
cool thing by the way
look hard to do
thanks for the answer

but how did you do it ?

I had someone do it for me, that is not my soldering. I have the tools now, but I still have no experience with it.

well the soldering you get it by practice i soldering capacitors the trick in this small thing is to use a small headed soldering iron or air station

but the difficult thing is what to wire with what ???

but the difficult thing is what to wire with what ???

Confused by what you are asking here. Are you asking what wire to use(IDE cables work good) or how does one figure out where to solder the trimmers to?

Confused by what you are asking here. Are you asking what wire to use(IDE cables work good) or how does one figure out where to solder the trimmers to?

thanks but
i learnt that volt mod is a way to increass volt to the Graphic card mem and gpu so you can over clock them more

but the question is "where to solder the trimmers to?"

every one of us in this forum have a card or two on the shelf
so we can make experiment so I'm already exited about volt mode

thanks guys for every thing guys

Back