• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is wrong with my setup? *Help*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Then you'll have to install the OS on the SSD separately, You can still access all of your files on the other drive. I just wouldn't have it connected while doing the new installation. You can't squeeze 550 Gb into a 120 SSD

Alright, so make a bootable usb and just reinstall on ssd while hdd is unplugged? Hopefully there is no need to buy another windows 8 key lol...

As long as you are installing on the same system it's fine. Won't be an issue.

Well back when younger there was the joke about putting 10lbs of PooP in a 5lb PooP bag and that is where you are for sure. No way to put 550Gb into the space allowed on 120Gig SSD.

It sounds as if you likely need to install only the SSD and install Windows on it and then after hooking up the HDD again >> make choices as to where you are going to install the game and so forth whether onto the SSD or onto the original HDD after it is formatted and extraneous data removed.

Just a note. I have been doing this computer thing for a number of years. Back when I was learning; it was told to me to treat data on a computer as a file cabinet. So I have partitions for Operating System, games, photos and general data and thus I can do things to the O/S partition and not be actually having to deal with the other data. If you had your 1TB done thusly, then you would have far less size to be moved.
RGone...

File & settings transfer wizard.

Buuut, that transfers some user settings too, and if they caused your issues, it might bring them back.

Hi guys,

Its been a while! So today I looked into my directX settings and it said that i had version 11.0 (CPU-z and dxdiag). I want to run 11.2 as my GPU (280x) is able to run it and it will surely improve my fps. If I run the DirectX installer it says I got the latest version or a equal one, but it normally has to say 11.2 in CPU-Z (as far as I know).

Thnx :)
b8b1b07ec113097791c46dcc843bee65.png

Im not certain that it will improve your FPS...

Is your GPU driver updated? Bring that up to the latest as the DX stuff is in the driver AFAIK...That said, I have no idea if that area in CPUz even shows 11.2 or not in the first place.

Im not certain that it will improve your FPS...

Is your GPU driver updated? Bring that up to the latest as the DX stuff is in the driver AFAIK...That said, I have no idea if that area in CPUz even shows 11.2 or not in the first place.

14.9 CCC atm, which is the latest non-beta version. So you imply that I already have 11.2, but that CPU-Z wont display 11.2? Might be true. Will look into it a little more.

Tnx tho

wow what a read, :) i,ll save this so that when i get all the new bits sorted, i,ll ave another read as i,ve forgot it all already :( but we,ll see :) thanks for the read chap and xlmartinilx well done :) :clap: you lot are mad with oc ing in a good way of corse :) :salute:

Last edited:
Back