• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is wrong with my setup? *Help*

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Didnt freeze at all today so i think its 99% stable =).

Can i OC my gpu via Bios?

For the GPU use MSI Afterburner.
You can set it to start with Windows and apply OC at program start if you want, or leave it set so that you have to do it manually.

Yea seems like they do. On 3.7ghz my fans sometimes would just go off lol now its spinning al the time because of 30 C avg. My case fans also start at 60%

I was also wondering, Am i able to have 2 different bios settings; one for gaming (4.3ghz) and one for college etc? Like 1 click switch?

You can save profiles in your BIOS, a simple restart then picking which one is easy enough.

If you want silent get an NH-D14 (or the new NH-D15).

AIO water coolers are much louder than that. Even louder than your 212 EVO typically.
Any worth having also run way more than a D14.

Custom water cooling can be near silent with proper planning, but that takes a good bit of cash.

AIO water coolers are much louder than that. Even louder than your 212 EVO typically.

Custom water cooling can be near silent with proper planning, but that takes a good bit of cash.

Lol that'll be a future goal i guess :). But yeah i've seen the nh series, they look great but are 5x the price of my 212 =p

Typically it is very close to what ATMINSIDE said about really quiet cool takes some very good water cooling. Lots of radiator and fans that are quiet to begin with and don't whistle when they push air. Many fans can make noise but the noise they make is not the pitch that humans hate so much. The type of noise that the human ear registers to the individual makes a big difference in whether the sound made is the type that drives one over the wall.

But generally no noise and a good healthy overclock should not appear in the same sentence as the two are exclusive not inclusive.
RGone...

Hi again,

The OC is going well. No freezes at all! Now i was wondering if i could boost my gpu a little further. Got in on 1100mhz and 6000mhz memory speed atm. I didnt change the memory speed yet, is that an option or is it worthless?

Attachments

• GPU 1.png
    GPU 1.png
    818.5 KB · Views: 23
OC'ing a GPU is a lot like doing a CPU. Raise speed and voltages until you just can't keep it stable, then put it back and raise the memory untill you get artifacting. Take both those numbers and knock a bit off each and find your sweet spot. Just keep an eye on you GPU temps try to stay 80c or lower. Use something like unigine Heaven as a stressor to test your clocks along the way.

OC'ing a GPU is a lot like doing a CPU. Raise speed and voltages until you just can't keep it stable, then put it back and raise the memory untill you get artifacting. Take both those numbers and knock a bit off each and find your sweet spot. Just keep an eye on you GPU temps try to stay 80c or lower. Use something like unigine Heaven as a stressor to test your clocks along the way.

The Gpuvoltage is locked tho... :shrug:
Could this make a difference with ocing? Cant up voltage to make it stable on higher gpu clock speeds...

Litlle summary :p

1. Up the GPU-clock speed till its unstable
2. Go back to my default settings.
3. Up the Memory until i get artifacting.
4. Get both numbers and decrease them by a little.

Back