• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is your favorite console of ALL TIME?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FudgeNuggets said:
I'm utterly dumbfounded by that statement. Why the PS3? I've got one and all I do is play Blu-Rays on it and watch downloaded stuff with VLC in Linux. There just aren't any good games out, except for Resistance and MotorStorm, neither of which I liked.
Just because you don't enjoy something does not mean others won't. Resistance online has provided me with tons of entertainment and Ninja Gaiden Sigma is one of the best games I have ever played.

ancalime said:
Just because you don't enjoy something does not mean others won't. Resistance online has provided me with tons of entertainment and Ninja Gaiden Sigma is one of the best games I have ever played.

Two games would make it your favourite console of all time? Whatever. If you say so.... :shrug:

SNES FTW!

Super Mario All Stars, Super Mario World and Super Metroid together do more for me than all of the titles avaliable for other console I have played on.

Like playing Doom or Halflife for the first time they just felt ... right!

Dreamcast, everyone has mentioned pretty much all the reasons why Dreamcast was one of the best systems. I jumped on the Dreamcast bandwagon a lil late, bought it when it was $99 but I loved every minute of owning one. My friends loved it too they even went to the store and snagged their own system, for $99 that system was incredible!!! Not to mention it didnt need a modchip ;)

Falcon-K said:
N64 - 4 player games were just so much fun, Goldeneye, Perfect Dark, mario kart 64, star fox, WWF/WCW games plus single player gems like Zelda OoT.

All excellent titles right there, even with the multiplayer sluggishness Perfect Dark still kicked butt. NBA Hang Time, WWF No Mercy, and Duke Nukem: Zero Hour were other awesome titles. I've kept my N64 all of these years just for those games alone.

Dreamcast FTW! I remember playing hours of Phantasy Star Online with my buddy in highschool. He got me into the Dreamcast, Crazy Taxi, RE:CV, Skies of Arcadia, Power Stone 2, Shenmue 1 and 2!! Man I went back a month ago and started playing my Dreamcast again, it was in my closet in a box for over a year after my move!

Call me crazy but my favorite console was the origional sega 32 bit system, my friends all owned them and I had an snes and was so addicted to the Sonic the hedgehog series (sonic was way cooler then mario anyway lol). All I ever wanted was a genesis but I was denied.. maybe that's why I wanted it so bad back then lol.

to all who say SNES, :thup:

super mario world + teenage mutant ninja turtles IV: turtles in time = SNES glory

ok yea.. turtles in time was an excellent game, I'm still kinda ticked Xbox live arcade didn't publish that game in place of the 89 arcade game.

Back