• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of Airflow do you have in your Case ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What kind of airflow do you have in your case ?

• Positive

Votes: 420 42.3%
  • Negative

Votes: 339 34.1%
  • Neutral

Votes: 234 23.6%

• Total voters
If i could... i would run positive... but at the moment, my case does not have the fan setup to do that well.
So i had to vote negative =/

Crap 120mm intake, Yate Loon 120mm exhaust, PSU Exhaust, Zalman 80mm blow hole exhaust.

Also: Processor Fan, Video Card Fan with Zalman 80mm ghetto-cooling the backplate, 50mm zip-tied fan over my RAM.

I am modding my new case and it will be negative air flow.
It will have a 120mm intake up front at 12 volts. 120mm rear exhaust and blowhole at 7 volts and the 120mm fan in the FSP powersupply.
All the fans are the same and are 2000 RPM @ 12 volts.
I think negative is the best because with positive the cooler air gets mixed up with the the warm air instead of getting removed sooner.

Slightly negative

4-80mm fans (filtered) going in, 3-80mm fans and PSU-120mm going out.
And with all those fans it's still silent.

Meh, I just use exhaust fans. I like to keep the fan noise at the BACK of the case so I can't hear it so clearly.....

it depends for me. when not gaming, lanning etc. i have 2 40cfm Scythe Slipstreams, 1 Antec 120mm 39CFM and 1 Antec 200mm 83cfm fan on all pushing air out. so that is 202CFM pulling out, 0CFM pushing in :santa:

then when gaming/lanning when i turn all my fans on, i have the above fans pulling air out, while 2 front intake Antec 120mm fans (39CFM each) and 1 Antec 120mm on the side panel. so that's a total of 117CFM intake.

therefore, when all my fans are on, i have:
117CFM intake
202CFM outtake.

I got positive flow.

Intakes: 2x12cm in front, 1x25cm on side cover. 1 of the front intake is weak due to being on the HDD cage, 3 hdds make the flow almost useless.

Exhausts: 1x12cm case and 1x12cm PSU on the back.

hmmm
4 CM Blue LED Silent Fan 120 SI3's @ 39.77CFM as intake
2 CM Blue LED Silent Fan 120 SI3's @ 39.77CFM as exhaust
1 Antec Bigboy 200mm @ 134CFM as exhaust

so intake = 159.08 CCFM
exhaust = 213.54CCFM

so i believe that would be a negative flow, although at night it would be more positive as the bigboy is the noise maker and at night i turn it down to low 83CCFM so 213.54 - 83 = 130.54..... so i guess you could say i do both...

1 case is a wide open TV stand, so it has amazing air temps with a silverarrow 2x140mm and 7950 CF, good thing they are quiet too. My other is an old case without the "lid". That 1 is noisy due to the stock intel fan.

Back