• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of Airflow do you have in your Case ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What kind of airflow do you have in your case ?

• Positive

Votes: 420 42.3%
  • Negative

Votes: 339 34.1%
  • Neutral

Votes: 234 23.6%

• Total voters
Negative.

Out:
1 Aerocool at 79 CFM
1 TriCool at 79 CFM
1 TriCool at 65 CFM

In:

1 AeroCool at 79 CFM

The above will be replaced tomorrow with the following:

Out:

191 CFM Delta EHE
141 CFM Delta SHE

In:

191 CFM Delta EHE
141 CFM Delta SHE

2 thermaltake 120mm fans that came with the case - one in one out. Should be neutral as they're the same fan.

Anjow said:
2 thermaltake 120mm fans that came with the case - one in one out. Should be neutral as they're the same fan.
What about the fan on the power supply?

none. I have no case fans

except my power supply fan but I can't say that thing pushes air. it's like the wings of a butterfly

Positive

3x120mm case fans all at medium settings (antec tricool ) ( antec p180 ; 1 upper rear , 1 top rear, 1 bottom middle (vents air over hd )

enermax noitaker with 2x 92mm fans i belive at medium rpm

all idel temps in upper 30s lower, lower 40s

Positive. Not counting my PSU, HSF and Vid Card as exausts i have:

2 - 120mm fan - Intake
1 - 60mm fan - Intake
1 - 80mm fan - Intake (side, thinking of changing to exaust)
1 - 60mm fan - Exaust

boxx ~ 2 - 92mm's exhaust

I have a Boxx 7400 w/ 2 - 92mm's blowing hard out the back... no fans in... just a filter

Out
-------------
2x120mm @ 79cfm
2x80mm @ 21cfm
-------------
200 cfm

In
-------------
1x80mm @ 27cfm
1x120mm @ 53cfm
1x120mm x 3.5cm @ 79cfm
-------------
159 cfm

So negative, but i didn't need to do the math to know that, I have an open vent that has enough suction to hold a business card against the grill. I wouldn't even have intake fans if they didn't direct flow over important components.

Front 120 intake.
Two rear 80's intake.
Side 80 intake.
PSU exhaust.
Top Blow Hole 80 exhaust.
Cold air pouring out of vents and top blow hole.
It's tornado-like inside my case.

A basketball/football/soccerball is positive pressure, you don't see them exploding. I'm pretty sure there is a vacuum inside lightbulbs, those are negative pressure. Pressure in front of a fan is less than the pressure behind it.

Cases with good airflow will have "negative pressure" due to Bernoulli's principle.

but imo positive pressure IS more effective overall IF theres enough air getting out. so, also imo, volume of air moved is critical in a positive pressure settup. the main problem with too many fans sucking air out is rendering the psu at neutral air movement which cant be good. in my settup if i blew all 4 120s' out it will actually pull the air reverse through the psu. for me anyway, 3 120s' blowing in and the psu and a top blowhole fan blowing out will give enaff pressure to blow the psu cool and my pullout harddrives and makes enough airmovement that the fans can be run slow and quiet. watever the case may be imo neutral pressure isnt desirable i think it lets heat buildup in corners...ie, pullout hardrives in my case.

I don't believe in airflow, therefor I live in a safer world without airflow. :shrug:

No but seriously, positive
4 120mm intakes
2 120mm exhaust (including PSU)
1 80mm exhaust (blowhole)

I'd say mine is positive. :cool:

ever so slightly negative 140-160 cfm out vs max of 130 cfm in.

120mm PSU out 70 cfm out
120mm rear case out 70cfm out

2x80mm front case 100cfm total in
1 vga 80mm side case 30cfm in

lets see here
Intake
6x Deltas on my rad at front left side of case
1x 120x25 on front right side of case (HDD and pump)

Neutral-ish
1x Panaflo M1A to cool vid card (middle of case area)

Exhaust
2x 80 on mobo tray (left side)
1x 120x25 on back right side

say thats positive

Back