• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What kind of Airflow do you have in your Case ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

What kind of airflow do you have in your case ?

• Positive

Votes: 420 42.3%
  • Negative

Votes: 339 34.1%
  • Neutral

Votes: 234 23.6%

• Total voters
basically, i've never tried adding up the exact airflow of front/back/etc.

but here's my setup. 2 x 80mm intake blowing right on the hard drive, plus 1 x 120mm intake, 1 x 80mm + 1 x 120mm exhaust, psu modded with 2 x 80mm and 1 x 120mm, all pushing exhaust. plus an 80mm intake on the side panel.

so i'm thinking probably it's a little bit negative, but it's plenty of air either way. keeps me nice and cool.

^^ that doesnt make sense, how is the inside of your case 60 yet your cpu 38 unless your are using cooling like water, but even with water you still cant get below ambient

TheGreySpectre said:
^^ that doesnt make sense, how is the inside of your case 60 yet your cpu 38 unless your are using cooling like water, but even with water you still cant get below ambient

It never does make sense, wood desk, water cooling. The Rad is outside the case(desk) only one case fan moving air out of the box, been that way for years :shrug: Don't know why it keeps going. Never had real problems.

My setup:
3 80mm Intake Fans in front. 1 80mm intake in sidep. 2 80mm exhaust in back. 1 pci exaust in back. PSU exhaust. I think im about equal.

Edit: All the fans are extremely bad fans. I think I got most of them on ebay for like 1 buck a piece. That was way back when i wanted pretty LEDS, not air flow.

It is really kind of hard for me to say, but I voted neg. I have 3 out 2 in on the cpu side. The water side pulls in through the front rad and out through the back one. The back is adjusted slightly faster for some reason in my mind I thought it would be better that way.

I run one fan in and two out. With the vents in back of the case it gets or gives as much air as it needs.

I voted neutral.

im negitive All my Fans ALL blowing air out/ but i do have two infront of my HD which blow to my back case fans which blow out!

just a bit negative. 2x120's (same fans) I/O and the PSU pulling air away from the hsf and out the back.

-Fb

Intake:
(3) 80mm low speed Panaflos
(1) 80mm med speed Panaflo
(1) 120mm low speed Panaflo

Exhaust:
(1) 80mm med speed Panaflo
(1) 80mm power supply fan
(3) PCI expansion slot covers removed
(1) 80mm fan mount open on back

lowfat said:
I run neutral... 3 exhaust fans, no intake. i removed the intake fan on the front of the case, and just let the fans pull the air in.
That is not neutral, that is the definition of negative.

I run mine neutral, two 80s and one 120 in, and two 80s and a 120 out.

My case has no places to mount intake fans, only huge grilled areas in front. If I wanted to mount any intake fans - I'd haveto add blowholes / custom mounting brackets in front / use places for fans on top or rear of case for intake.

It's not worth to mention thermodynamics as reason, as difference in pressure would have to be HUGE to give any effect. We've already discussed it earlier in some other thread.
For coputers, perhasp postive pressure might be better, when using dust filters - not to let air get inside without passing through filters.

Back