• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new Benchmarking type toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man that's some luck Tech_Tweaker. Could you tell us exactly which pin that was or perhaps a picture of it? Curious you know?

It is pin H30, known as BSEL1. According to Intel documents on the socket design it is an Asynch CMOS pin. It is on the side of the socket where the clamp hinges, the sixth pin in from the corner with the notch, on the outer edge of the socket. Apparently this pin deals with setting of the FSB frequency.

I found a socket layout here, page 43-66.

Found the layout via this site.

DSCN3192.JPG

Last edited:
Interesting. Thanks for the info. Good to know just in case I come across something like this. I have with pins missing off AMD chips. Had a couple cpus that never posted and a few that did without problems being seemingly redundant pins.

Here's that 6400+. I've never bothered to trace this or find out what the pin does. The cpu clocks up pretty good and no ill effects from it either.

The gunk is di-electrical grease and looks like a little thermal compound too. This one has been through a mess of things so to speak. Some time ago, I found a lot of 3 cpus for like 35 bucks saying not in working condition. Mr.Scott has the sister chip also missing a pin on the opposite side of the PCB.

Cool stuff Tech. :thup:

Attachments

• DSC09006.JPG
    DSC09006.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 141
They're shipping today (so I didn't actually get them yet) but so excited I just had to post.

Picking up a bunch of older vgas from chispy (sadly, he's retiring btw). Was going to grab a few of them but he made me a package deal offer I just couldn't refuse. Here's the descriptions he gave me:

chispy said:
I have quite a few old and legacy PCI-E VGAs up for sale if interested , they are the most hwbot point rewarded VGAs in the legacy department , maximum points is what you looking for. Here is a short list of top of my head:

1. My Pride and Joy , best of the best , Two highly volt moded 8800GTS 640MB ( A3 core the best ) , V.Mem , OCP and V.Core has been done to both VGAs , so there is no limit on both cards. Both were bin from a lot of 11 8800GTS 640 cards. Under LN2 both cards do 972/1188Mhz easily ( it depends on the GPU Pot and bencher skills to get there ,klngpln Tek9 fat reccomended ):

http://hwbot.org/submission/2367997_chispy_3dmark05_geforce_8800_gts_640_mb_34538_marks

2. One ATI 3870x2 Bios Moded for max v.core , it does 931/1098Mhz on a Danger Den full cover water-block , ambient water-cooled temperatures , I can include the stock cooler if you want it: http://hwbot.org/submission/2405991_chispy_3dmark05_radeon_hd_3870_x2_51173_marks

3. One eVGA GTX 460 SC Bios Moded for max v.core , it does 1060/1190Mhz on water-chiller at -14c , it will do more on LN2 but I never had the time to maxed it out. : http://hwbot.org/submission/2373326...formance_geforce_gtx_460_(256bit)_24363_marks

4. One ATI 2900XT Bios Moded for max v.core , it does 942/1035Mhz on water chiller at -14c , it will do more on LN2 but I never had the time to maxed it out. : http://hwbot.org/submission/2390563_chispy_3dmark03_radeon_hd_2900_xt_512_mb_53059_marks

5. One eVGA GTX260 SC (216SP) , completely virgin video card , no mods have been done but it was bin from other 10 video cards GTX260 , and this one turned out to be the best one , cherry picked for core and memory clocks at stock volts. It does easily 770/1333Mhz on ambient water-cooled temperatures, : http://hwbot.org/submission/2394896_chispy_3dmark05_geforce_gtx_260_216sp_40175_marks

6. One 8800GTS 512MB. one completely virgin video card no mods have been done but it was bin from other 8 video cards 8800GTS 512MB , and this one turned out to be the best one , cherry picked for core and memory clocks at stock volts It does easily 864/1134Mhz on ambient water-cooled temperatures. : http://hwbot.org/submission/2373713...erformance_geforce_8800_gts_512_mb_9408_marks

7. Two 7600GTs , One Leadtek is fully volt moded for v.core and v.mem and it does 851/900Mhz on a water-chiller at -14c : http://hwbot.org/submission/2396093_chispy_3dmark2001_se_geforce_7600_gt_pcie_gddr3_65646_marks , The other eVGA 7600GT one completely virgin video card no mods have been done but it was bin from other 12 video cards 7600GTs, and this one turned out to be the best one , cherry picked for core and memory clocks at stock volts. This VGAs are a lot of fun to bench.

8. One ATI 3870 , one completely virgin video card no mods have been done but it was bin from other 6 video cards 3870s, and this one turned out to be the best one , cherry picked for core and memory clocks at stock volts. This VGA gives a lot of hwbot points.

All my video cards have been highly bin and pre-tested for core and memory clocks , this are not average VGAs , they are above average and cherry picked.

Awesome!

You need to actually bench these things you buy... LOL!
Yeah yeah....of course you're right EarthDoggyDog

Loss of cooling and ramping up for the cascade (plus honeydos, work, family stuff, vacation, etc) have totally thrown me off plan :/ Want to get through the 2500k and 3930k's (will be putting 3 of those up for sale eventually) in the next month, then try any other team cup stages I've got hardware for, then back to multi-vga benching and then and then and then (need to id a bunch of hardware to sell, too)...eventually want to do some cpu/ss, vga/cascade benching.

Again...you're definitely right, though...gotta eventually get through everything :/

Thanks Witchdoctor! I can only hope hehehe

hey hey...nice direct approach hehe

I was going to try to be all subtle and stuff and gently see if we could nudge him our way when we get together in-person next month hehehehe

I would crap if he came over here. I know he is quite loyal, and rightfully so, to his friends at OCA. :)

If any team knows how painful it is to have members leave for another group, its this one. I think we lost a half dozen, and big names too to PURE in the past few years (none recently).

Last edited:
I still say we make an unstoppable conglomerate with the whole of OCA :)

Most who left our team became inactive in 1 year or something. Simply if you want to keep benching/overclocking don't leave us.

... and I ordered 4690K which should arrive at the beginning of the next week, hoping to get something at least above average with good IMC

Thanks for the kind offer guys,

However I am very happy where I am and have many good friends there.

I post my results for the team but not really up on the standings like I used to be before the advent of the TPP's system.

IMO the standings have lost a certain amount of validity using that system, But I still get pumped up to bench and as long as that is the case I will continue to try my hardest for good results and have fun doing it :)

It is great to be here and I appreciate all the kindness you guys have shown a newcomer to your forum.

I do have a tough time in some of these build threads though as I appreciate overkill all the way everyday :thup:

The way I see it anything less would be uncivilized ........ :rofl:

@ Woomack, good luck bro, hope you get a monster

I do have a tough time in some of these build threads though as I appreciate overkill all the way everyday
A ROG board and a K chip for "dad's office PC" is 'uncivilized'. :p

(you didn't do that, just having fun!)

and they'd still complain that the pc sucks because the internet is so slow (amazing how many calls I get from family that they need pc repair or a new one because one of the websites they like loads so slowly hehe)

Picking up a bunch of older vgas from chispy (sadly, he's retiring btw).

Sorry to here this. Angelo's a good guy. I'll miss him.

@Witchdoctor
you are more active in our benching team section than most benching team members .. why are you not in our team ?

LOL. Question should have been, "Why are our benching team members not as active as Witchdoctor in our benching team section ?"

New Res and Pump :D
Monsoon Series Two D5 Premium Dual 5.25” Reservoir D5 Vario Pump combo

Attachments

• New Res and pump combo.jpg
    New Res and pump combo.jpg
    634.9 KB · Views: 84
Nice, I really like the Monsoon stuff they have been putting out.

you will have to let us know how bleeding it goes, seems like bay res's always are difficult to get the air out of

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back