• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new Benchmarking type toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, at first I saw a lot of bubbles so I turned the pump down to #3 for 4hrs, then turned it backup to #4. It really helped.

Attachments

• My Rig WC.jpg
    My Rig WC.jpg
    856 KB · Views: 181
I got i5 4690K yesterday but it looks like I still have my usual luck.
Max so far 4.6GHz ~1.3V. 4.7GHz 1.35V was crashing also 5GHz 1.45-1.47V couldn't even boot.
4600.jpg

My 4670K is overclocking exactly the same above 4.5GHz. Good side of this 4690K is that up to 4.3GHz can make on stock voltage 1.09V. Also max temp that I saw on my average watercooling was ~58*C @4.5GHz 1.25V in HyperPi 32M and later AIDA64. 4670K on the same cooling and similar voltage was reaching 80*C.

I have to check how it's acting on ss later this week. I'm also using ASRock Z87M OCF. I have no idea if there are better results on Z97 boards as these chips are really various.

Arghhh...that's frustrating for sure Woomack :( Hopefully ss will let you push it further than you've been able so far but it's so cool that I'm not sure that's the problem. Good luck!!!!

Not new but I just pulled an old build that I gave my son a few years back, I swapped in my 2500k/Asrock Ext 4 for the Asus A8N32 Sli deluxe/4400+ Athlon combo that he was using. Just a new toy for me to play with when I get some time to bench again.
View attachment 145908
View attachment 145909

Last edited:
LOL...

My son had the same set up other than it had a 4800+ in it , replaced it with a lappy since he went off to college. Can not get it to start though ???
not sure if the board is toast or the chip or something silly since I have not benched AMD since the Athlon64 days

Bummer Woomack, Hope the SS works it out, thinking you may need -110C and 1.8v to see that chip sing based on your comments

Not new but I just pulled an old build that I gave my son a few years back, I swapped in my 2500k/Asrock Ext 4 for the Asus A8N32 Sli deluxe/4400+ Athlon combo that he was using.

Can I be your son, too???? ;P
Nice upgrade for him, nice benching setup for you.

Can I be your son, too???? ;P
Nice upgrade for him, nice benching setup for you.
LOL thanks Funsoul, I've benched the 2500k as far as it will go so it was just sitting there. It's a 53 multi chip max :( it will not go higher no matter how cold or how much voltage, so it's better in his Pc then sitting in the closet. Not a bad setup for an 11 yr old huh :) I also stuck my Radeon 5850 in it for him as well.

My son had the same set up other than it had a 4800+ in it , replaced it with a lappy since he went off to college. Can not get it to start though ???
not sure if the board is toast or the chip or something silly since I have not benched AMD since the Athlon64 days
I have my fingers crossed for it Witch, it should be a good board to bench on here's hoping the chip is a winner!

Bummer Woomack, Hope the SS works it out, thinking you may need -110C and 1.8v to see that chip sing based on your comments

Arghhh...that's frustrating for sure Woomack :( Hopefully ss will let you push it further than you've been able so far but it's so cool that I'm not sure that's the problem. Good luck!!!!

The only above average chip that I got in last ~3 years was 4930K. I'm also checking CPUs that I'm selling at work ( not on cold ) but never had any luck.

The motherboard looks to have a couple of slightly swollen caps. They are not bad, but it looks like from the picture they are not flat either.

I finally got my package today, A DFI LP 790BK M2RSH, some Kingston 1066 CL5 and an AMD sempron 140 that I swear stilll smells like New Yawk

DFI LP DK 790FXB-M2RSH.JPG

Nice! Fire that sucker up!

I'd love to, maybe later if I can. On holidays and Mama's got me pretty busy. I'm pretty sure this will suit me better than that M3N I've been playing with.

I finally got my package today, A DFI LP 790BK M2RSH, some Kingston 1066 CL5 and an AMD sempron 140 that I swear stilll smells like New Yawk

View attachment 145969
Nice Johan, I left some secret sauce in that chip for ya. It's a good little bugger, I wish I spend more time with it, but alas it was needed elsewhere. :D

The motherboard looks to have a couple of slightly swollen caps. They are not bad, but it looks like from the picture they are not flat either.
Actually ED, RJ and yourself are correct, I hadn't looked closely at the board because it was running fine. There are 3 or 4 caps that are bulging a little. No biggie, I'll just replace them as I have been practicing on my old NVidia 7600 Gt cards. I replaced all the caps on both and did a pretty good job if I do say so myself. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back