• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What new Benchmarking type toys did you get today?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That pot. That kettle. Black.

I'd like to see some benching out of you funsoul! You procure hardware like a department store!!! :D :thup: :attn:
Dude...you and me both!! If I can frickin' insulate properly and stop crushing pins I'll be actually able to get rolling again.

So much hardware, so little time :/ While pouting last night about my most recent hardware fail found over 100 sticks of ram (ddr, ddr2, ddr3)...wtf?!? Who knows when but I'll need to figure out what it all is, test them, determine keepers and do a bit of a ram purging :/

Ugh...that reminds me...time to head over to the classies to find someone who can fabricate a cascade vga holdown that'll slip over my existing setup

Hardware is good ... :)

These two items just came today

Attachments

• 7970 Lightning.JPG
    7970 Lightning.JPG
    121.6 KB · Views: 177
  • DSCF1566.JPG
    DSCF1566.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 181
This came in last week.

An EVGA 8800 GTS 512MB graphics card. Apparently the previous owner purchased it from EVGA's B-Stock refurbished line, but for some reason never used it, never even had it out of the box. They bought it and forgot about it I guess. Still has original plastic on it.

Luckily it seems to work just great so far.

DSCN3230.JPG

DSCN3232.JPG

I ordered this on the 4th for 294.98 shipped, got here on the 9th, installed it the 10th, and powered it up on the 11th
xR3GbGRl.jpg
will get the cable management done tomorrow or the day after when i get a cable in for my fan controller

I sent back ASRock Z97M OCF and yesterday got GB Z97X-SOC Force. It's even working ;) ... will probably test some in the next days but my CPUs are kinda average so I don't expect any good results.

Full ATX OCF is not available anywhere in local stores and ordering it from UK would cost me about 40% more than I paid for GB Z97 SOC Force. In US you have much lower prices for computer parts so it sometimes looks much better in comparison.

I thought that my Avexir 2666 can make easily higher clock than I made on Team Group 2666 memory but I can't pass ~3500 clock. At 3200 Avexir needed 0.1V lower voltage to run stable. It was also better than Kingston 2800 and some other kits but for some reason it has clock wall at not much above 3500. I can reach the same max clock on X79 and Z87/97 on 5 different CPUs so I don't think it's the IMC. Will check some more this weekend.

Best of luck, sounds like you will be having fun this weekend. I hope to have time to possibly play with some stix this weekend as well.

Thanks :) ... I don't really have many memory kits that could make high clocks right now. I sold 2 of higher clocked MFR and 2 I had to send back to manufacturers after reviews. Right now I have only that 2666 Avexir on single sided MFR. All other kits are various Samsungs, PSC ( average ) or double sided MFR. With my crappy salary I'm really limited with money so I try to sell all that I'm not using.

All I have right now is PSC cas9 2400 and some PSC 2600 cas 10 , both kits are double sided, have not really played with that much as I am a novice. the little bit I did it seems that G.Skill really bins them close to the bone, at least ambient anyway, need to get them cold to really make them shine

Depends from series, some memory like cold and some not. I mean some are not scalling well below -20*C or even 0*C. I have Corsair 2000c9 PSC kit which likes cold but my 2133 C9 G.Skills are not clocking any better below 0*C. G.Skills went up to 3100 on air so can't complain. I also feel like on Z77 PSC were clocking better than on Z87/Z97 ( at least my kits ).

Well I have to say BMWBaxter came through in a big way. He brought me everything I might need, a virtual starter kit complete with some discs. Nice guy !

P1270299.JPG

P1270300.JPG

I know it kinda has me a little excited. :thup: Just a little !
I couldn't believe how heavy the thing was. That's one serious chunk of copper !

Me too buddy! I really want to beat 1.25 in that Cinebench. I'm running 250 MHz less and tied.

Heh-heh.... Picked up another NF4X Infinity today. :cool:

U know what that means - I'm hoping the board itself will be a good one and it should be, all else I have to go with it is definitley good to go.

Thanks - Hopefully I won't need luck to help out but you never know, even these boards can have a bad one in the bunch sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back