• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should I cool?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

1xmattx1

Should I add aftermarket heatsinks to the area below in the red circle? most motherboard i see have heatsinks already there but mine did not come with anyone. and I'm thinking not having those cooled is stopping my oc at 3.8..
Now my question is, would these heatsinks work? if so what would I attach them too? the things that say 1R1 or the little things next to them?

mother board:
a780gmh128menlarge.jpg

Did you check their size against the distance between the caps? If they'll fit between the caps and still cover most of the components then you're good ...

Did you check their size against the distance between the caps? If they'll fit between the caps and still cover most of the components then you're good ...

so your saying i need to place the heatsinks on the chips between the things that say 1R1?

If those 1R1 things are the coils (kinda' hard to see from above, but if they're kinda' tall they're coils) then you don't need to cool those, just the micro-chips ...

Hmmm, I have to differ with that opinion. Cooling the MOSFETs can provide cleaner power (not as much fluctuation), which does mean a higher stable OC for a given vCore ...

Am sorry , but no that is a big myth , there is no facts to back it up.It will not provide cleaner power, mosfet chips are rated for 100c and above and they must function at that temperature...

OK, you clock your CPU up just as high as it will go - I mean really push the limits - then take the MOSFET coolers off and see if it'll still run the same. It's a simple experiment and won't take a lot of time to do ... :)

Back