• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should I do

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hkh

Ok I dont no what to do I want a dual core cpu what dont no what company to go with. I have been a fan of intel and the p4 with ht because I do alot of 3d modeling rendering and multitasking. But now there are dual cores out but dont no were to spend the money intel or amd. Should I go intel a get a 955x motherboard and a pentium D 2.8GHZ@ 3.4 and new DDR2 ram and a new case because I need one it will be a lainli. Or go with a AMD 4200 and a new motherboard like the abit AN8 and a new case. The AMD chips are so expensive I see why they are but $700 + tax is alot for a cpu I have kinda worked it out and it would be about $1200

Its hard to decide for another. I would propably go Intel 830, 840. And the AMD looks promising, but the price, jeez.

Considered going for Opterons or Xeons? Great cpus for the stuff you do.

//Christian

Amd generally performs better, but if you are ready to put top of the line cooling you will manage to overclock the Intel quite a bit. Looking at how far the X2's are overclocking I don't think you can touch them, but on the other hand there is quite a differance in price.

Try calculating the price of the whole final package, and see what the differance will end up being. Make your choice based on that. I'd be happy with either one.

I'd go with an amd for daul core, the x2 3800 and 4000 should come out soon (or so I've heard). These shouldn't cost as much.

those dual core, x2 sounds pretty cool, but i was wondeirng how much they will market that price for ?

just hope that they will have that HT installed like intel does.

Ogre said:
those dual core, x2 sounds pretty cool, but i was wondeirng how much they will market that price for ?

just hope that they will have that HT installed like intel does.

dual-core cpus dont need HT, as you have 2 real-core and not virtual ones, only the EE have a HT
1.august the Amd will release 3800+ that will cost 350usd...

Back