• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What should TJ Max be set at?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rich'[ard]

hi, i was checking Core Temp last night, and i saw that my TJ Max was set to 85.

i set it to 100, and noticed my temps were like 10 degrees warmer. this would then make my e6400 exceed 60 degrees under load which is kind of dangerous.

my current load temp is 51C and when i set the TJ Max to 100, load temp is 66C

after a closer look, i go into Core Temp > settings > TJ offset

and it's on 0 C. does this mean it's reading the temps correctly at TJ Max set at 85C, or does it need to be set at 100C?

can someone please help?

thanks a lot.

TJMax doesn't matter. Put whatever you like: 50, 100, 150. :D
Distance to TJMax is what you want to keep >20-30 and that's it.

rt_compare.png

As you can see right TJMax 90, left TJMax 100. Different core temperatures but same distance to TJMax in both situations (obvious because is DTS reading). :)

Last edited:
Your E6400 is most likely one of the first steppings of Conroe processors and they are commonly set to 85 C.

But like burebista said, the important part is the distance from TjMax. :)

Your E6400 is most likely one of the first steppings of Conroe processors and they are commonly set to 85 C.

But like burebista said, the important part is the distance from TjMax. :)

mm yeh, i got it just when C2d came out. i'm sure it's one of the very first batches.

so here's a screenshot of my distance to TJ Max.
TJMaxOCF.jpg

anything to worry about?

Hello, I have a Conroe, too an E2180 M0 and with the default Real Temp 2.90 settings, my distance to TJMax is 35.

RJARRRPCGP, whoa, isn't that dangeriously low? (as i've read).

and Burebista, i'll have that screenshot up right now.

WHOA, this dones't look too good now.

TJMaxload.jpg

txt is a bit small...
i've loaded cpu with ORTHOS small FTTs.
TJ Max is at 37 and this is after 5 seconds of load.

idle temp is 28C, load temp is 48C.

ihrsetrdr, the link you sent tells me to set my TJ Max to 70C, becuase i've got a B2.

this then makes my temps really really low (17c idle). doens't seem right lol.

so my distance to TJ Max is 37 when i'm loading. shoudl this be between 20-30?

lol oh sheet! what happened to my Maths. it's my best subject. these holidays have really screwed me up. i've been playing games 24/7

anyway, i did a "test sensors" run on real temp, and i'll post the screenshot just for the sake of it.

TJMaxcooldown.jpg

I'm not sure but 1 or 2 of u keep referencing "TEMPRATURE" as the distance... :shrug:

but either way both of u who posted up realtemps shots look just fine.. The temp is the top set of numbers.. the distance is the lower set ;)

I'm not sure but 1 or 2 of u keep referencing "TEMPRATURE" as the distance... :shrug:

but either way both of u who posted up realtemps shots look just fine.. The temp is the top set of numbers.. the distance is the lower set ;)

i first got confused, but when you look at RJARRRPCGP's post again, you'll see on the left window that shows the Distance to TJ Max when 99.8% loaded. it's coincidentally the same as his temp.

Back