• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What snip tool to use

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
For 90% of my SS I use the Windows snipping tool.

I've also attached a very lightweight program that does automatic screenshots when you open it. It deposits them wherever it is located. This is good when the PC isn't the most stable and you need one quick

View attachment GenieSnap.zip

I've been using Greenshot for as long as I can remember. Shows you the size of the screenshot and a zoomed in circle around your cursor (to get it lined up perfectly). Once you select the area, it gives you options on what to do with it (clipboard, print, save to file, etc).

Untitled.png

Windows Snipping Tool has been supplanted by Windows Snip and Sketch. Very similar and very easy to use. Built into Windows. You can crop and draw with it. There is a built-in pen you can configure for different line widths and different colors so you can highlight things in the captured image before saving.

Back