• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What to do, what to do?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Grand_Mufti

This question doesn't belong anywhere. It sure as hell doesn't belong here. It has nothing to do with hardware or even software. It really has nothing to do with anything. Sitting here in front of my computer screen day in and day out has become an addiction. An addiction to what? I have no idea. If there is nothing to do on the computer, i do nothing on the computer. I'm constantly on it. Work, computer, sleep, and eat if I have enough time. Overclocking is my life at this moment. However... it's all I really have going. I need to find something to do with all of this POWER! Suggest to me something. ANYTHING! Anything besides the endless Battlefield 1942, AOL, Internet routine i'm currently stuck in. What do you guys do with all of your power? Do you use it to create something? Perhaps you make DVD's, edit your own home movies, or maybe even make your own music. I do nothing and I want to do something. I have Photoshop, but nothing to photoshop. Dreamweaver, but no dream. Ha this is depressing. :bang head

It's like having a Ferrari and doing the speed limit. What do we do with our power?...Be dam proud of it!

Music. I play guitar, and recently bought a Guitarport from Line 6. All those effects...and very well done, for the most part, too. :) If I ever get tired of playing with the effects, I'll figure out how to record to my computer. :)

Design web pages. Learn PHP, Flash... Install Linux and dual boot. Learn mySQL. Put it all together and design php and flash web pages on Linux storing data in mySQL. :D

Learn to code. Write an app that does something that you wish you had an app for.

Put together your love of gaming with learning to code, and start a total conversion for a game. HL2 is probably an excellent candidate for that.

That's just what I can think of off the top of my head. Think about the things you like, and figure out a way to complement it with the computer.

Back