• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What were you searching for when you found ocfourms.com?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I was searching on cpu overclocking IIRC, first time a friend of mine told me that you can actually make a computer run faster for virtually nothing, the idea got me interested and I started searching on google, found this site eventually and registered and was hooked immidietly, nowadays I have other things on my mind so I am spending way less time here unfortunatly, this is one of the best online communities

i think i was searching for 'what is overclocking' or 'how to overclock'
i remember printing out an overclocking stick guide on this site and going to school and reading it in between classes ^_^

My ex-brother in law told me I should lurk here for a while... Pretty sure he only ever lurked and never posted *shrug* (his loss.)
Wish I could say "haven't left since" but there was a definite 2 year hiatus ;)

I was looking for definitive CPU release dates and the 6500+ cpu that seems to be a ghost.

I had a dell w/ p2.66 and ATi 9800pro

First I typed, how to make computer faster on google

Then I ended up wiki overclock

Then I typed overclocking guide on google

After reading many outdated guides, I found a link to here and found some useful info and cring to myself that a dell can't be overclocked thanks to a locked BIOS lol

6 months later I built my first computer on socket 939 with a famous 939 motherboard called ASrock Dual Sata 2 and learned about newegg lol

i was googleing on how to overclock a compaq SR1650NX after going through a bunch of dead i found this place and joined and asked my question and after i did with the great help of the people here, i found out that my compaq had a PCI-E slot didnt know that til i joined here :)

I enjoy puffing on a j every now and then, so there is no way in hell I can remember how i found this place a few years back

lol

I was looking for something to do with my P5B board and overclocking. My add has erased much of what else I was looking for. I only remember this because I found this forum along with the very large thread on the Xtreme Systems forum at the same time. I joined because it was easier to do searches that way. I was getting tired of putting in OC Rocks! every time I wanted to search.

An overclocking forum. :)

I used to be a member of eocf, but they areban happy. Start cruising threads and half the posters are banned.

my friend (aka Mow Custer, i think) was showing me pics of his caseless pc.
it was messy i tell you. then when i asked him about how to overclock cpu, he linked me to this website.

Oh boy..that was a long time ago for me. I think I was researching video cards for an old Dell computer I had - couldn't play Quake, or something, with the card that was in it.
I tried a couple other sites, but I kept coming back to this one because our members were always helpful and the moderators did an outstanding job - still do!

Last edited:
Looking for advice on my current motherboard and if it supported the highest end dual core X2 CPU... Been here ever since.

I finally wanted to OC again with a T'bred 2000+ and my the Radeon 9000 Pro 64 MB I had at the time in 2004.

In 2003, I didn't feel like OC'ing, because of bad experiences with my T-bird 900 being unstable with only a +150 Mhz OC in 2002.

But I did get a T-bred 2000+ on July 1, 2003 and an Asus A7N266-VM/AA motherboard then got an Asus A7V8X-X on November 6, 2003 and dropped the T-bred 2000+ in there, but still didn't get around to OC'ing until at least May, 2004.

Then I gotten a T-bred 2400+ KIXJB on August 3, 2004 and dropped it into the Asus A7V8X-X.

And was 3 hour-Prime95 stable at 2.4 Ghz at 1.85V.

Then in late 2005, I got an Asus A7N8X-X, because the Via KT400 version can't lock the PCI and AGP.

i might be wrong as it has been a little over 6 years, but i think i was looking at the hardwarecentral.com forums when someone linked to here. i just kept reading everything i could and became addicted to this place. i read a lot more than i post now though.

I just joined a few hours ago, and....I forgot how I got here, I think I stumbled onto a post. ah! I have it!

I was buzzing around site for the video cards I have the GTX 280's and the post on here had a guy asking all of us if he should sell his 280 SLi configuration and get the 295 cards. Of course being an owner and just having bought mine, i had to pipe in and told him to wait and use his cards until the upgrade is 400 dollars in a year.

so I was inadvertadly hooked in that way!

Back