• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's a good gaming Keyboard? (2012 edition)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
FYI, you're website url is against the rules. Only senior members may have them.

Just thought you should know. :)

Also, I use sennheisers too.

Ok I removed it thanks for the info;

I bought them 6 months ago and they are great. The sound quality is unbelievable, this is the first device that I ever noticed the difference between different bit-rates.

Ok I removed it thanks for the info;

I bought them 6 months ago and they are great. The sound quality is unbelievable, this is the first device that I ever noticed the difference between different bit-rates.

At 200$, you're either using HD595's or HD600's.

It supports a crap ton of keystrokes over usb, which means it uses a non standard way of sending keyboard input. The problem with that is most keyboards that attempt to do that fail. Do some research and favor geekhack's conclusion over anywhere else, because those guys are elitest pricks, but in the best way possible. In short, if they say it's terrible, it more than likely is.

blacks don't click, so it'll be a smooth stroke with no variation in the key press feel (feels the same from top to bottom of the stroke).

all right I will check out what they have to say. Thanks.

I went to the website geekhack and read the reviews. It was generally rated pretty high (8.5+) It seems to be a pretty solid kbd.

Last edited:
I say go for it then. I'd of researched myself to help you out but I'm at work and we're fairly busy.

I had a Mechanical KB and i did not like it at all. I like how the key presses were really light but hated the the fact i would have to press it all the way down and then release the key to have the switch reset. Guess its all really preference but i sold it and just went back to my G510 and felt like i was home again.

I had a Mechanical KB and i did not like it at all. I like how the key presses were really light but hated the the fact i would have to press it all the way down and then release the key to have the switch reset. Guess its all really preference but i sold it and just went back to my G510 and felt like i was home again.

I don't know what keyboard you had, but none of the cherry keys are like that bud.

I'd say browns actuate about halfway down. It's so close to the top though that it feels like I'm barely pressing it. Also with tactile feedback you don't have to bottom out, unlike with membranes.

Linears also are at about the halfway point, so really not sure what you were using. An ABS M1 or something? Alps Blacks are terrible.

Well I guess the debate is mechanical or not I want to get it soon but I dont want to get something that I will hate.

I like my G15. Not the ultimate gaming keyboard but the LCD is a nice touch for quick stats and macro button allows me to do functions not normally possible in game. Such as auto-chain prospect ore for gem in WoW.

I like my G15. Not the ultimate gaming keyboard but the LCD is a nice touch for quick stats and macro button allows me to do functions not normally possible in game. Such as auto-chain prospect ore for gem in WoW.

I think the G15 has been replaced by the G510 a new g15 sells on amazon for ~$200

It is a hugely popular gaming keyboard, I dont know if the new G150 is a good replacement for it.

So I finally made a decision; I bought the Razer Black Widow (I didn't care about the back lighting on the elites). It is a great keyboard. I have (like I said) never used a mechanical keyboard and this is great. I would recommend them to everyone. My typing speed had increased significantly since I plugged it in. I will never use a membrane keyboard again.

While I was in the store I also bought the Razer Abyssis mouse, I know that it is one of their low-end products but it works well.

Back