• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED whats p95 trying to tell me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

caddi daddi

Godzilla to ant hills
drug home this little apu rig to do a little typing, it's really a nice little thing.
some little nzxt case I got from atminside, a8 6600k apu, 7850 gpu, 3 140mm exhaust fans at 7 volts, a little air cooler I got from atm, the only air cooled rig for quite some time for me.
Im happy, giddy with the little thing, what's so cool is that I threw it in my podium, about knee high is where the bottom of the case is, but..... I CAN'T HEAR THE THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's so cool.....
but typing away and running p95 I got this little issue, one core crashes with a new error messege for me.
any ideas?

Attachments

• apu 01.PNG
    apu 01.PNG
    202.7 KB · Views: 55
  • failure code.PNG
    failure code.PNG
    13 KB · Views: 56
Last edited:
Failed on the 640K test?

Look to the CPU for this error.
If the test size fits inside the CPU's cache, it's a CPU error, if it doesn't fit inside the CPU's caches, look to the IMC, NB and RAM - that's what I read from various posts and threads when I was looking to see why my CPU would pass small FFT's but not blend. In my case, the NB was unstable.

I'd bump the Vcore and try again. If not, then look to the IMC/NB/RAM.

I seem to have found it.
it seems that with a vid card, i had the nb/gfx voltage a little high for a 2400 cpu/nb so I reduced that to 1.25 from 1.35.
also this 16gigs of ram likes 1.58v so i upped it from 1.55 that I normaly run and all seems to be well.

Attachments

• failure code.PNG
    failure code.PNG
    209.2 KB · Views: 48
also this 16gigs of ram likes 1.58v so i upped it from 1.55 that I normaly run and all seems to be well.

I ran into about the same problem, 1.5V ram reading 1.46V in PC Health Status page in BIOS, so I uped it to 1.54V. VRM's don't always put out the exact voltage set in the BIOS.

it's also interesting that the cpu/nd can be made a little unstable with the voltage to high for the speed, I have had to learn to play around with that voltage and not just jack it up.

Back