• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the chances of receiving a 1600+ agoia from newegg nowadays?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tru2ya

Well after receiving an aroga(when advertised as agoia) from newegg and i rma'd it for an exchange for an agoia. I call up today because i know the package was received and i wanted to confirm it, but the guy i was talking to said he would give me a refund when i thought it was settled for an agoia exchange. Well anyways, then i asked him if i can get a replacement and take a chance because others still reported receiving agoia's so he said that would be fine. Heh, i know it doesnt matter but i'm just curious on what you think the chances maybe of receiving an agoia?

Off hand I'd guess you've got between 60% to 80% chance of getting an AGOIA from NewEgg if you ordered today (just a guess). However I doubt you'd get a 0212, 0213 or 0216 if you ordered a hundred of them. Gameve.com was selling AGOIA's for about $65 and I'd say you've got a 100% chance of getting one from them if they're still advertising it. In fact, I'd guess you've got a great chance of getting a 0212 from them if you ordered today. Please don't ask what I'm basing my guesses on. Just throwing it out there.

Tru2Ya, I RMA'd my AROGA (I got stuck with one too :( ) a week ago, and it's not here yet. Hope that when it does come that it will be an AGOIA as advertised originally.

i810,

Did you call up newegg to ask if they recieved your package yet? Because when i did the rma i requested for an exchange but the guy that spoke to today told me it was only going to be a refund, and i had tell that i'll do an exchange and hope i get an agoia the second time around. See when i did the rma online i didnt have an option for replacement. I only had 2 choices: repair or refund. So i picked refund because I didnt think it mattered especially because they had a comment box which i stated exactly what i wanted to do.

Well, i just got my AGOIA F :)/) 0212, i ordered it about say, 6 days ago, and got it 3 days ago. Your odds of getting one arent to bad, i dont have percentages but a lot of people have been getting prettyy nice ones. Like one of my friends idea's, it is probably better to order your processor last, becuase then it will be a newer batch. There are pro's and con's to this idea, but it would be a major off topicness.

Tru2ya said:
i810,

Did you call up newegg to ask if they recieved your package yet? Because when i did the rma i requested for an exchange but the guy that spoke to today told me it was only going to be a refund, and i had tell that i'll do an exchange and hope i get an agoia the second time around. See when i did the rma online i didnt have an option for replacement. I only had 2 choices: repair or refund. So i picked refund because I didnt think it mattered especially because they had a comment box which i stated exactly what i wanted to do.

NewEgg isn't too clear but the "Repair" option is what you use to exchange something. I used that option and after checking my RMA status, my AROGA was received and my replacement has been shipped out. Not sure when it'll get here though. :(

Did they ever email you when they received your package because they told me i would receive an email to confirm it.

Tru2ya said:
Did they ever email you when they received your package because they told me i would receive an email to confirm it.

Yup I got an email confirming that they got my chip, and I checked the RMA status and it has been shipped, checked the Fedex tracking number that was provided (a little weird that it came to my state and then got shipped south though). I should get it on Monday I'm hoping.

Do you know if they shipped an overnight because others on this forum said when they had to do an rma and exchange for a product newegg would do an overnight delivery to try to make up for it.

Nope, definately wasn't overnight. If it was I would've received it Friday. I remember people noting that NewEgg does 2-day shipping on RMAs. :(

Woulda liked to have had the chip for the weekend so I could set it up... :(

On my RMA they said that they would ship it out fedex saver, so i guess that will probably be 4 days for me because i'm from FL. :(

i810,

Please let me know what core you get, I asked again about the exchange and they said they won't be guranteeing an agoia. So i guess we have to hope we're the lucky ones this time or the people in the sales department don't know what they're talking about.

Tru2ya said:
i810,

Please let me know what core you get, I asked again about the exchange and they said they won't be guranteeing an agoia. So i guess we have to hope we're the lucky ones this time or the people in the sales department don't know what they're talking about.
Yah same here ..just sent mine out a hour ago ..we shall see :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Tru2ya said:
i810,

It's been 9 days so far, and still no chip. What is going on NewEgg? :mad:

And if it's not an AGOIA (If it's an AROIA T then I'll make an exception b/c they're almost as good), I'm just going to send it back and get a refund because I only bought the 1600+ there because it was listed as an AGOIA. If they can't deliver an AGOIA I'll just have to go to one of the other sites (I think SVC offers AGOIAs) that have them. :mad:

you can order a 1600+ AGOIA HERE for a little under $70.

They also have some pretty good deals on fans and other stuff.

Check it out--hope it helps.

My package arrived at newegg on friday morning, they didnt realize they recieved until tuesday around noon. And i'm still waiting for them to ship back the replacement. :mad: Whats going on with newegg?

I've 2 XP1800's from Newegg about 6 months ago. They were AGOIA. One hits 1733 @ default voltage, the other only gets 1667.

About 4 months ago, I ordered a pair of XP1600's. They were both AROIA and have been running at 1800 MHz (at default voltage) for months, now.

About 3 months ago, I ordered another pair of XP1600's. They were both AGOIA. These both hit 1733 @ default voltage.

About 2 months ago, same order, same stepping, same overclock.

2 weeks ago, same order, same stepping, same overclock.

I'd say your chances are pretty good. If you're willing to spend a few bucks more, go to your local computer shop and hand-pick out your ships. Make sure to get AROIA or AGOIA, though.

Hehe, i wish i had a local computer store that sells computer parts, but i don't know of any around where i live and my guess is if they did it wouldnt be even near the prices i get online because i live in florida and on pricewatch it seems the good deals are in the inland states and mostly in Cali.

As for newegg, i was told that my processor will finally be shipped out today, so hopefully it will be an agoia.

Btw, i810, did you receive your processor yet?

The chances are very good !!

i just orderd a 1600+ from newegg and they sent me the AGIOA
0213 Y i didnt even asked for it i got lucky .. i cant wait to try it out . i`am running a 1700+ right now .it doent like to go over 1672 but it might be my ram crucial pc 2100 i may need some of that good Corsair ..

Back