• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the chances of receiving a 1600+ agoia from newegg nowadays?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
1700+ OC

Hi My Motherboard is a EPOX 8K7A with the latest Bios the only prob with this board is it doesnt have the 1/5 divider once you hit 166 . i did have a T-Bird 1.3 at 166 FSB but my Nic didnt like it ..
I`am going to be getting a new board pretty soon .
i`ll get a KT400 or the NForce 2 .
i dont think it`s my Temp i have it Watercooled with a Jaged Edge copper block and a Aqua Via 1300 with a D-Tek Radiator temps are pretty good 32C at idle around 35C with a full load .
i`ve bumped the cpu volts and ram volts just to see how high it will go but it doesnt seem to like it any higher than 1672 at any cpu or ram voltage so i`ll just run it at 1661 .i dont want to fry it like i did my T-Bird 1.33 it doesnt even looked fryed at all no cracks nothing but it wont run ?

I'm not sure what deal is with your tbird, but the 1/5 divider is very important, now i think your motherboard is more of an issue then the ram. As for kt400s, i think the kt333s boards are still winning in performance. Check www.motherboards.org for motherboard rankings.

I got my 1600+ on tuesday (took 10 days to get it), and its an AGOIA Y 0212. I can't see how good it can o/c because I am having other issues with my parts ("System CPU Test Failed" error on A7V333- can happen w/ good parts but a bad board according to posts on other sites). :(

I tried all the suggestions that everyone in the forums gave me (very greatful to those who tried to help me find out whats wrong!), but nothing has seemed to work. The only suggestion I have no tried is using the board with a different PSU, but I can't do that since I don't have another PSU that is capable of powering an XP. :(

Looks like the board will be getting RMA'd, and I'll try a non-Asus board instead. :(

that sucks man, i was having the same problem with my a7v333 also. My 1ghz tbird must've finally had too much I guess. I always noticed a crack on the edge of the core which seemed to have gotten worse. Well the day i tried it on my brand new a7v333, all i got was fans spinning and the voice kept saying system failed cpu test. I came to the conclusion that it was the cpu because it no longer worked on my pervious board either. Damn its amazing, we're both going through the same problems. I hope i won't get that same problem with the new cpu. Did you happen to try the suggestion where you take the board out of the case and lay it on a grounded surface with no screws and see if it works? I've seen that suggested on several forums. Just install the cpu and fan first and see if you get beeps for memory errors and work your way up from that. After going through this rma with the cpu, it would really suck if we had to do the same with the motherboard. :(

today(10/25) just got 2 athlon xp 1600+'s that I ordered on
10/23 from newegg.com for $51.99 each. The chips are both
the new green color and he markings on the core are as follows:

AX1600DMT3C
AGOIA0224GPAW
9XXXXXXXXXX

AX1600DMT3C
AGOIA0224WPPW
9XXXXXXXXXX

0224 ? The latest I had seen on this board was 0213, anyone
have any idea on the overclockability of my "9" chips. Anyway I have to sleep on them as I'm hitting the sack.

Here is a
pic... has newegg been slapping a sticker over the bridges on everybody elses chips

Last edited:
Wow thats awsome. Hehe, i never seen them before either, i hope mine was grabbed from the same batch. :D Please let me know how it overclocks.

Oops i'm a dumba**. I forgot to check, i assumed you were talking about an "agoia y". Well anyways, still let me know how it overclocks, it may be better than the agoia y 212 and 213s for all we know. ;)

Tru2ya said:
that sucks man, i was having the same problem with my a7v333 also. My 1ghz tbird must've finally had too much I guess. I always noticed a crack on the edge of the core which seemed to have gotten worse. Well the day i tried it on my brand new a7v333, all i got was fans spinning and the voice kept saying system failed cpu test. I came to the conclusion that it was the cpu because it no longer worked on my pervious board either. Damn its amazing, we're both going through the same problems. I hope i won't get that same problem with the new cpu. Did you happen to try the suggestion where you take the board out of the case and lay it on a grounded surface with no screws and see if it works? I've seen that suggested on several forums. Just install the cpu and fan first and see if you get beeps for memory errors and work your way up from that. After going through this rma with the cpu, it would really suck if we had to do the same with the motherboard. :(

I tried running the board outside the case as suggested, and still got the same problem. :(

Found this problem posted on quite a few different forums, seems to crop up with some of the boards, and some are fine. Getting it RMA'd for either an Abit KX7-333 or an Epox board. :(

I just cant believe that the board needs to be rma'd also. I would try to get in touch with asus tech department and see if they can help because rmaing is going to be a b****. Maybe they might have something they can suggest thats not on this board. Its worth a try.

I just received a green agoia 9 0224 today. I heard 9's arent that good, but atleast its an agoia unlike the aroga i had. :)

Tru2ya said:
I just received a green agoia 9 0224 today. I heard 9's arent that good, but atleast its an agoia unlike the aroga i had. :)
Dont forget to post you OC results ;)

good guy is yours a "9" or a "y"?

so how do these week 22 and 24's overclock? anyone tried yet? (tycho? tru2ya?)
i need to order another (thermal death to my 1600 agoia y :( ).

I got mine up to 160fsb locked so far, but its not really fair test yet, i should be receiving my gf4 ti4200 today so that could make a difference compared to my old voodoo3 i'm using right now. Another thing is i'm using the harddrive i had with my previous system so i have none of the mobo drivers or video drivers installed. Also that could make a difference. So once i receive my gf4 i'll do a clean install with all the new drivers and then we'll see what happens this evening. ;)

Newegg order shipped Friday 10/25

agoia0224gpaw '9'

agoia0220mpm '4'

Both top out at 10.5 X 162 = 1704

Thought the mpm was an MP but locked and SMP bridge cut.

Well i was able to get mine up to 10.5 x 159(locked) with the vcore set at 1.85v in bios. I can boot to windows at a higher fsb, but 3dmark closes.

Btw, hallen whats your current system?

Last edited:
Been running Prime95 for almost 2 hours with no errors @ 10.5 X 172 with 1.85V ..Temps are up to 38c Water cooled though..I'll be happy with 1806MHz.. Beets my 1900+ :)

Back