• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Whats the fastest folding box?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
nikhsub1 said:

Yes close, probably more like 1100 PPW running 24/7, maybe less. My P4 @ 3.6 with HT does 1239.71 PPW with 2 clients running 24/7.
wow. i didn't realize that you got so many points doing that.

hmmm :D

nikhsub1 said:

Yes close, probably more like 1100 PPW running 24/7, maybe less. My P4 @ 3.6 with HT does 1239.71 PPW with 2 clients running 24/7.

I'm sorry, but there is no way that p4 is scoring that high.

I have 3 rigs folding for me, for a total of about 1200ppw. They are:

1 Pentium 4 b 3ghz HT enabled
1 2.2ghz Athlon Tbred
1 2.3ghz Athlon Barton (mine)

I just don't see how that score is at all realistic on 1 processor, when I have double the mhz.

nikhsub1 said:

Do you have any idea how much would you get for running one instance only ?

Thank you for your time!

Arkaine23 said:
Are you running 2 instances on the P4?

No.

I retract my eariler complaint for now pending my changing all my boxes to using the 3.25 beta client, as soon as I get the -advmethods –forceasm flags to work on the service install. I will also get 2 instances on the 3ghz HT P4.

If my points more than double then I will apologize and admit I was wrong. I didn't know about the SSE bug in 3.24, nor did I know about beta 3.25 floating around.

EVERYONE GET THE BETA HERE!!!!!

I run the beta on all my boxes that are running Win98, the service install already comes with it setup with the flags for gromacs. I use this on even my slower non SSE machines and they go faster on the gromacs than tinkers by about 30 - 50 PPW on both boxes. (800mhz and 1 Ghz Athlons)

I really think our PPW would go up a lot if everyone is running the betas with the flags, HT//Dual processors are all running 2 clients, everyone with XP/2000 installing the one click install so that the client is running all the time without easily being stopped.

I see a lot of people in the stats that are running 1 rig turning in a 70.9 point tinker every 3 days. That could EASILY be 2 50 - 60 point gromacs in the same amount of time if you run the flags and the beta console.

Lets turn it up a notch!!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

All the oneclick/service install does is start the Windows 3.25 Beta console with the flags setup as A WINDOWS SERVICE so it is running hidden and family members can't shut it down or if your a system admin, the employees don't shut it off because they don't see it. Also if the computer is on, it's folding. I wish there was a way of getting something like the service to run on Win98 also so my dad won't shut down the graphical like he does sometimes.

Fast420A said:
EVERYONE GET THE BETA HERE!!!!!

I run the beta on all my boxes that are running Win98, the service install already comes with it setup with the flags for gromacs. I use this on even my slower non SSE machines and they go faster on the gromacs than tinkers by about 30 - 50 PPW on both boxes. (800mhz and 1 Ghz Athlons)

I really think our PPW would go up a lot if everyone is running the betas with the flags, HT//Dual processors are all running 2 clients, everyone with XP/2000 installing the one click install so that the client is running all the time without easily being stopped.

I see a lot of people in the stats that are running 1 rig turning in a 70.9 point tinker every 3 days. That could EASILY be 2 50 - 60 point gromacs in the same amount of time if you run the flags and the beta console.

Lets turn it up a notch!!!!
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

I had my team do all this stuff a few hours ago.

Beat you:)

http://www.genmay.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=198294

Does the latest 1.7 One-Click install have 3.25 beta client or ? Because I have it installed and I'm wondering if I should upgrade somehow ?

One more thing is... How much of a improvement should I see from running 2 clients on a HT enabled machine ?

Thank you for your time!

Linux

Depends on your distro and its glibc version. 3.24B is for the newest distros which use glibc 2.3 (MDK9.1, RH 9 among others). Distros with an older glibc can use the 3.25 beta client. If you try the 3.25 client or regular 3.24 client on a distro with the newer glibc, you'll know it right away because it will cause a segmentation fault. Distros wil glibc 2.2 or older can use any of the clients.

For those who care: Overclockix uses 3.25 beta, so does Overfoldix. These are CD distros that can run without a hard drive and are preconfigured for folding@home. Overclockix can be installed pretty easily (takes about 30 minutes) and its Debian-based. http://overclockix.octeams.com

Last edited:
Linux

Ok, it sounds like i don't need the beta because I'm using 3.24B using RH 9. I guess it's glibc 2.3.

Edit: Yea it's glibc 2.3. Does the linux client have to be restarted after every WU in order to get the SSE boost on every WU?

Axle

Last edited:
Melhisedek said:
Does the latest 1.7 One-Click install have 3.25 beta client or ? Because I have it installed and I'm wondering if I should upgrade somehow ?

One more thing is... How much of a improvement should I see from running 2 clients on a HT enabled machine ?

Thank you for your time!

Anyone ?

Back