• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's the worst that could happen?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Quattro

Hey all?
Whats the worst that could happen if I bought a crappy PSU of ebay.
Well I think they are crappy ones..
I'm considering thiese
This one

Also this one

I haven't heard of them before, but I'm hoping you PSU pros will fill me in..

Thanks!

eh..those look like low quality to me and the 12v are pretty low ;x
i would get a better quality psu if i were you, it might save you something going wrong.... :(

psu's are very important parts of a system...espeically if you plan to overclock....

I would contact and ask what the weight of the PSU's are. If they seem heavy then you may be ok for that price but good name brand PSU's will always serve you better.

I am running a cheap 375 watt PSU in my 2500+ barton system with 2 hard drives, 2 cd roms 4 80mm fans and a cathode tube and it handles it fine. So some cheap PSU work.

Brown_d9 said:
I am running a cheap 375 watt PSU in my 2500+ barton system with 2 hard drives, 2 cd roms 4 80mm fans and a cathode tube and it handles it fine. So some cheap PSU work.

But for how long? It may destroy every part in your computer.
But I also have a crappy 400W in my current machine and it seems very capable with nice clean rails.

Well thats just my opinion.
I'll probably go for a semi-decent one as I can't afford a really nice one.

Back