• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What's wrong with this picture...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mjones73

So I was looking over the registration class for the day I joined and I saw this entry as number 1 for that day...

1) Name - Fernando de Carvalho Date First Registered - Tue Jun 11 18:46:06 2002 Date Last Result Received - Sun Jul 28 20:31:51 2002 Results received - 4998 Total CPU time - 138 hr 49 min Average CPU time per work unit - 0 hr 01 min 39.9 sec Country - Portugal.

Per this guy's stats he's averaging a WU everyone 1 min 40secs, I'd love to know what he's running for a PC :D

Link is http://setiathome.berkeley.edu/classpages/days/2452437.html

I've noticed quite a number of these including some from my registration class back in 1999 and a few other places. I do know if one possible way this might work but I would not think it could produce that many units in that short time (the major drawback to the idea). Course I could be wrong about the volume involved. :/ Even so, while the idea I came up with might not technically be against the rules (as written) it certainly would not be very sporting to say the least!

Cy

PS - Don't even ask!

Back