• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

When are these next-gen vid cards coming out?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gas-man

Just wondering - do you guys think they will drive the prices down of, say, a Radeon 8500LE 128MB much?

I could get one at NewEgg for $110.00 OEM now...or I could wait.

What do you think?

I say go for it...it may drop somewhat in price, but if you look from my perspective, I don't see any reason to really upgrade past a card with 250mhz core and 128mb of ram...and heres why:

I run games at my desktop resolution 1152x8something. At this level I can put on all the fancy high detail things any game right now has to offer, and run it without glitching. (not talking AA or antistrophy or any advanced hardware stuff...just things like high detail etc).

The next step up from those settings would be AA or antistrophy or whatever. I can't tell a difference between normal and 2x AA but I can see 4x AA. However, I've yet to see a card that can run a game at my resolution with 4x AA and be 100% glitch or skip free. I don;t even think the 9700 can do that...MAYBE if it were OC'ed and you had a AMD at 2ghz or a p4 at 3...but I don't got that...nor do i have 400 bucks (i know it'll come down but even slower now that NV30 is delayed.)

My next video card purchase (besides a relativly soon upgrade because mine can't take FSB speeds above 200 w 2/5 divider...but taht's another story)...my next card purchase wil only be a card that can run 4x AA antisrophy and all that other good stuff at my res, with full detail FLAWLESSLY! I'm guessing that it will probably be a NV30 unless ATI comes out with a newer version (maybe even the 9700 if i'm wrong about it) that comes down to below 175 bucks.

That's my rant....

Back