• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where are all the PC games!?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
usually with pc games they go for quality rather than quantity, with consoles its the other way around they choose quantity over quality.

Did nobody read my post of games that are due this year? cmon people it's summer time who buys videogames at the moment anyway?

Well I know there is usually a lull around this time. I have been playing TF2, I was playing it a LOT before I got The Witcher, and now I got GTA4. So right now I am going back and forth between GTA4 and The Witcher... though GTA4 is winning this week.

Oc1 reminded me of a couple, STALKER Clear Sky is one I am looking forward too, as well as Left 4 Dead. Aight not so bad I guess.

I guess the lull just got to me... I dunno.

Did nobody read my post of games that are due this year? cmon people it's summer time who buys videogames at the moment anyway?

People like me. I get home from work @ about 2-3 in the morning. Nothing to do but play games and watch tv when i get home.

There are good games coming out. Oc1Kenube had a good list. The first half of the year is usually slow from what I remember. Also, from last August to December was an absolute blow out for pc games. I seriously played through fifteen new games in a tiny period, some more than once. Sure we'll get a good one here and there in the meantime, but now is the time for replay value. Pick up that racing game again, try some new multi maps, play though HL2 EP2 with commentary on, or load the FakeFactory mod like I finally did.
Dig deep fellow gamers, theres a lot out there.

I'm waiting for starcraft 2 and fallout3 for sure.

I had the choice to buy a ps3 veruses a upgrade for 400 bucks and I picked the pc after some debating.

The main reason is, If I soley just did gaming then I can see a ps3 or xbox360 but if an upgrade also helps me be more productive and make my computer run faster then its a win win situation.

I also don't have a tv I realized so I would have to buy one of those :p

I also never play single player, i'm all about online gaming and from the gams ps3 had I didnt see any that really caught my interest.

The PCs MMO dominance may be coming to an end as well as the 360 and PS3 are also getting Age of Conan. I honestly don't know how they're going to pull off the pay2play monthly fees on the consoles though.

pc games suck. there is nothing new and its all been done before. how many more FPS games are we going to see where all you do is run around and kill everything, collect powerups, and barely interact with the evironment (oh wow i can knock down trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

*yawn* been doing that since Quake first came out and here we are like 20 years later and still doing it with just prettier graphics? LMFAO

TF2 sucks. been there, done that when it first came out. oh wow it's CARTOONY now. *yawn*

Crysis, COD4 *yawn*

where's the freakin ingenuity?

I think right now consoles and pc's are pretty much on the same level hardware wise (counting in the general public) It will be another year or two when the consoles start to look dated and there will be new territory graphically wise for PC games to enter and take advantage of. Which will generate more appeal and have more development thrown at. I hope :)

pc games suck. there is nothing new and its all been done before. how many more FPS games are we going to see where all you do is run around and kill everything, collect powerups, and barely interact with the evironment (oh wow i can knock down trees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

*yawn* been doing that since Quake first came out and here we are like 20 years later and still doing it with just prettier graphics? LMFAO

TF2 sucks. been there, done that when it first came out. oh wow it's CARTOONY now. *yawn*

Crysis, COD4 *yawn*

where's the freakin ingenuity?

it sounds like you are describing almost every console game going

Status_ss, yeah I was thinking how is those games different from any console game? only difference I see is one you run around doing stuff with a keyboard/mouse, the other, control pad. consoles are becoming more PC like.

Games I am looking forward to:

1. X3: Terran Conflict (oh maaaaamaaa)
2. STALKER: Clear Skies
3. Fallout 3
4. Spore
5. Farcry 2
6. 7.62 mm
7. Dimenisty
8. Pure

Consoles are getting some decent games I guess...but still cant touch PC.

FPS with a controller...lol.
MMO's? They tried with FF and the PS2. Fail.
Mods. Sorry...but consoles cant TOUCH that.
RPG's? A few...but again w/o mouse and keyboard its just not right.
Mulitplayer. PC's still have the advantage with options here.
RTS. Add the m/k again and of course mods...PC wins.
Simulators...obviously.

Consoles are fun for sports games, racing games, platformers, and fighters. Sadly those are not my favorite type of games.

Both have their place, but I just cant bring myself to buy another console...until Monster Hunter comes out.

AOC is going to be on PC and xbox360, its going to be a monthly fee to play, I wonder if xbox users will have to pay not only the live service but the monthly game service as well..

Not to mention will pc and xbox users be in the same world? or they going to have separate servers?

I find times like these with nothing new out, a good chance to go back and finish what I haven't yet. So I am 53% done with Tomb Raider Anniversary, and plan to finish that before anything new comes out.

I find times like these with nothing new out, a good chance to go back and finish what I haven't yet. So I am 53% done with Tomb Raider Anniversary, and plan to finish that before anything new comes out.

Great game and i too have not finished it, i rarely finish games due to my ongoing addiction to football manager 2008 or worldwide soccer manager 08 as it is called overseas i think the only 2 of note recently are bioshock and cod 4 i still havent completed hl2 or ep1 or 2

I'm waiting for starcraft 2

Good call, I can't wait for that game. Blizzard is probably going to announce Diablo3 at the world invitational this summer as well.

RTS is another genre that is really awful on consoles and that is my favorite genre. I'll be the guy buying both PC and console for a while, so broke ;)

The general consensus is that consoles are for playing with friends and PC is more for playing by yourself. I just like having both, but that may not be cost feasible for me in the future. I'll probably have to decide on one or the other. If I had to choose between a PC and console for gaming I'd probably pick console and pickup a cheap laptop.

Fallout 3
Starcraft 2
Warhammer Online
Aliens: Colonial Marines
World of Warcraft expansion
Alan Wake

are all in the pipeline

Probably some others I'm forgetting.

While im waiting for the new stuff, ive been going back and playing my old games. One game thats pretty good, and rivaled CS in players a while back, is Natural Selection, a mod for Half Life. If anyone else plays, let me know, Ive just started it back up again, played 4 hours last night :p

Back