• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Where did posting go ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

uncle bob

Registered
I have a problem seeing the option during posting to enter bios.I just installed a new copy of win 7 pro on a cleaned ssd.My PC spec.'s are.
asus m8e
intel 6700k
asus gtx 1070 strix
32 gb corsair ram
seasonic 1200w PSU
samsung 850 pro ssd 500Gb
custom water cooler for 6700k only

When I boot my tv screen stays all blue untill windows starts.All is working well. When I boot and hold the del key screen stays blue then q-code stops at a9.That's it ,it won't boot to windows so I have to restart.
I have updated the bios,no help there.When I remove gtx 1070 and use the hdmi connector for board video I get the option screen to enter bios.The gtx 1070 works fine and has newest driver. I use the hdmi input
on the gtx 1070 to my tv which is a 73" hd mitsubishi. My previous video card a asus gtx 780 was set up the same way and I never had problems so I am at a loss where to go from here.

A television is not exactly the same as a computer monitor. Posting is uses a low level video output signal (VGA?) that may not be recognized or usable by the TV. HDMI video requires Windows drivers.

Ok but why has the post option to enter bios worked ok before and works through the on board video.Would the problem stem from the new gtx 1070 and the drivers it uses,also the gtx 780 I had never had this problem.This issue I have suddenly came
up and my current set up using the gtx 1070 did work never giving me trouble seeing the bios option screen before but know I do.

Maybe the gtx 1070 has no vga mode. Check your bios and see what video source is being initialized first. You might have to use a regular monitor to do this.

Maybe the gtx 1070 has no vga mode. Check your bios and see what video source is being initialized first. You might have to use a regular monitor to do this.

This is correct, there are only digital outputs on the 1070.

Back