• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

where to get fan wires?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kamel

i bought some fans, they're great fans, but they don't have the connectors i want. they are 3-pin, and i want molex. i was wondering if there was a website which would sell this sort of thing in bulk. notice i didn't say 3pin to molex convertors, but just a molex connector with 2 wires comming off of it. of course, i will take convertors too, but i'd rather go with what's cheaper.

any ideas? i've poked around, but i don't even have a clue what to put in as a search string for this :(.

Kamel said:
i bought some fans, they're great fans, but they don't have the connectors i want. they are 3-pin, and i want molex. i was wondering if there was a website which would sell this sort of thing in bulk. notice i didn't say 3pin to molex convertors, but just a molex connector with 2 wires comming off of it. of course, i will take convertors too, but i'd rather go with what's cheaper.

any ideas? i've poked around, but i don't even have a clue what to put in as a search string for this :(.

All you have to do is just make your own. I just ordered some from here a few weeks ago. Make sure you choose the right gender.

4-Pin Pass-Thru Molex Connectors

Someone did a version with one connector having multiple RCA connectors and each fan had one for quick connect/disconnect. I don't know if you'd want that but RCA connectors are available cheaply at many electronics sources and it's fairly easy to make.

I've thought about building something a bit different so I can use any fans with 3 pins connector and not need to have multiple molex adapters as pictured below but I need to find a source of 3 pins male connector without having to cannibalize existing adapters or old motherboards. Plus there's the matter of protecting unused connector from accidental shorts.

Attachments

• fan adapters.png
    fan adapters.png
    7.9 KB · Views: 65
I usually get my junk from the diy section from performance-pcs.

As mentioned, just make sure you get your genders right. I've put together all kinds of funky cables for folks, its pretty easy to do if you have the tools.

navig

Back