• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wheres my USB 2.0???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bitec

Hi

I have a KN8 Ultra AMD mother board which supports USB 2.0 (according to the packaging and the manual). When I go to install the USB 2.0 drivers (using the mother board drivers disk) it simply tells me to make sure I have at least SP2 as this will include the drivers. When I plug in a USB 2.0 device i get the old message that my device could run faster using a USB 2.0 port and when I go into the list of which ports are USB 2.0 and which are 1.1 they are all 1.1. I have also tried to update the USB root hub and controller drivers through the device manager but it states that the latest drivers are in place.

Is there some thing else I can do to get my USB 2.0 working???

thanks

Bitec

are you running sp3 ? currently have all updates ? try uninstalling all your usb controllers and running windows update .. windows should find the right drivers for you .. have you looked on the website for possible driver updates or going to the controllers site and getting the newest updates

are you running sp3 ? currently have all updates ? try uninstalling all your usb controllers and running windows update .. windows should find the right drivers for you .. have you looked on the website for possible driver updates or going to the controllers site and getting the newest updates

That just shows how much of a PC tard I am, I didn't even realise there was a SP3 for XP. Thanks for the advice XB, I'll give them all a go and report back if they don't work.

Should still work if you have SP2. Make sure USB2 support is enabled in the BIOS. I friend of mine got a brand new PC from a well known high street stroe and USB2 was disabled WTF???

And :welcome: to O/C forums.

yes it should still work in xp sp2 but there has also been issues with it too .. i just make it a habit to ensure people are completely up to date to rule out that as an issue .. just trying to cut a troubleshoot step out of the equation

I didn't know about any USB2 issues with XP SP2. But yes I highly aggree that all Windows users should make sure their systems are up to date. :)

not sure how his update process went but it usually occurs after you update to sp2 .. but that doesnt mean the bug decided to come out and play now ..

Back