• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 3.0C sspec is best

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gpitpitan

Registered
quick question, gonna be buying a new 3.0c very soon, need to know which sspec i should buy thats gonna give me the most performance. thanks

edit: my lazy arse used search tool and found it, sorry.

edit: actually forget that, what stepping should i look for, theres gonna be a comp show in my town soon. or ill buy it online.

Last edited:
I Love Capital Letters. We Should All Start Capitalizing The First Letter In Every Word We Type. It Is So Cool.

From what I've seen and experienced, there is no difference between the SL6WU and SL6WK - just more luck of the draw than anything. Most seem to do 3.6GHz no problem, but some will do up to 3.9GHz (or higher with something better than air cooling).

There Are Some That Does Around 3.8 On Air Cooling Say With The SP-94 & A High CFM Fan....Personally I Choose The Tornado But Yeah Those Speeds Are Possible On Air Cooling

i just got a SL6WU 30 cap 3.0 from newegg yesterday (ordered monday). I'm just at 3.6 on default vcore w/stock HSF, stable. i haven't tried raising it anymore but i know it can go higher. i booted into windows at 3.75 but it wasnt stable at default vcore so i have to fiddle around a bit. It seems like a pretty good chip tho. i was hoping for 3.8-3.9ghz at like 1.65vcore but i dont know if i can get there. hope so! :D it definintely would on water cooling

Last edited:
Back