• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which 8800 gts is the one for me?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

orwell84

How many cards is nVidia going to make called 8800 GTS? I can't keep track of them all. I have been waiting for the one based on the G92 chip. Apparently a new version of the 8800 gts recently came out, but it is not based on the G92 chip. Which version is this? When will the G92 version be out ? What is the difference between these versions?

Many thanks for the help.

I think the new GTS version you are talking about is actually the 8800GT. It is has the G92 core and currently outperforms any GTS on the shelf. The GTS with the g92 core is not yet out but will be a replica of the 8800GT but with more ram and memory bandwith.
Unless you really need the extra memory im sure the GT will be the way to go.

We are still waiting to hear if a "old" GTS can be flashed to the Rev 2. Unlikely but never know. If you are looking for a new card I would say go for the GT best bang for the buck even at the premium price they are at now and OC like monsters.

I was referring to the 8800 gts ssc. Is there another gts version that will come out after this. If so, when. I was aware of the 8800gt.

thanks.

I thin "SSC" is eVGA's designation. They sell the same card with different clock speeds. They have the Vanilla, Superclocked, KO, SSC. The SSC just has the highest factory overclock.

I think the GTS rev 2 is comming Dec 4 or thereabouts.

Back