• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Batch/Stepping of 2.8c is a great overclocker.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I tried my CPU running 3dmark03 no problems. Currently vcore is set in bios is 1.525v and CPU-Z shows 1.488 at idle.

Of course, at 3.3 gig and 1.50 VCORE or whatever, the CPUs had no problems passing 3D. It's when you push the chip to get 3.5 gig and above with 1.65+ VCORE, that the pimples and warts in an overclock will be evident - unless you get a Golden Chip.

I just tested a 2.0A CPU in my RDRAM rig. This is one of the old, 400 fsb CPUs of yesteryear. It's so refreshing to see a CPU that behaves predictably. Same thing with PentiumIII Coppermines. You usually can squeeze way more than a 2 mhz per +0.025-0.05 VCORE overclock with those CPUs.

Another thing I notice with the 800 fsb CPUs is in many cases, you can't use Memtest to dial in the overclock. With the old 'B' CPUs, you can expect 3D stability maybe 2-5 mhz below where Memtest #1/2/3/4 tests are clean. No more. Several 2.40Cs I've tried were Memtest clean at 300+ fsb, but could not boot Windows till 293 or be 3D stable till 288. One 2.80C was Memtest clean at 265 or 3.71+ gig, but was not 3D stable till 253.

Tonite i will try whether mine can overclock or nt. Anyway does Abit motherboards really undervolt or its just showing its undervolt.

BIOS Cacheable
Video Cacheable

Does disable these settings helps in overclocking...

Back