• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which board would you choose?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

mattspalace

I been Dolk'ed Senior
I'm stuck - I would like to get a new motherboard to go along with my soon to be arriving E8400, but I just can't decide.

My three choices are (in no particular order):

1. Gigabyte GA-P35-DS4
2. EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 680I
3. Abit IP35-Pro

I'm partial to Gigabyte because that's the board I have now, which has been perfect to date. Performance of these three seems about even. Like the PCB color of the EVGA, but don't really need the SLI, Abit IP35-Pro has great reviews though. These all costs about the same amount..

Any suggestions?

I have read that the 680i has heat issues, so with that in mind, I'd opt for the Abit IP35-pro. I have heard a lot of good about the Gigabyte as well though.

Hmm.. I'm reading reviews about voltage issues as well. May have to drop the EVGA 680i off the list. It's the most expensive too.

I'm a solid believer of the motto "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" Under that pretense, if the Gigabyte has treated you well to this point, I'd stick with them probably and go for the DS4.

Foxconn P35 MARS, but I have heard that some older P965 boards do very well w/ the new 45nm Duallies. I read something really good about the Commando board.

Back